Need advice about shuttle to MCO-flight change hour early

ms simba

What to do? Our Sensation cruise ends on Thursday, Nov 5, 2009 at Port Canaveral.

I just checked on my AirTran flight that was suppose to leave MCO on Nov5, 2009 at 2:28 pm. I figured that would give us handicapped people enough time to take the Carnival shuttle to MCO and be 2 hours early (at 12:28 pm) for our flight.

Turns out that AirTran changed our flight and it is now an hour earlier at 1:48 pm. That means we have to be at MCO at 11:48 am.

We have to take a shuttle as renting a car is too much walking and stress. We cannot afford a limousine. We are elderly women (67 and 71) and neither of us deals with stress very well. Nor can we walk very fast (frequent rest stops needed because of asthma. old legs, and age).

Will we have plenty of time to get to MCO or will we be cutting it close?

So what has been your experience of getting the Carnival shuttle and getting to MCO?

My options with AirTran are (1) stay on same flight (hope we make it in time); (2) Go later in the day but have to change planes withing 30 minutes - not sure we are physically up to that; (3) Go the next day but would have to rent a car and get a hotel room for overnight (added expense that I couldn't afford as I am paying for this cruise, etc).

If you are getting assitance off the ship in wheelchairs, so you dont have as much walking, then you might be a little pressed for time. ... you kind of answered yourself, since you said every other option is out because you cant afford it??

Thanks for the reply.

I decided to cancel the AirTran flight (got full refund since it was their doing not mine). Decided to go with Northwest. They had a flight back to Mpls at 3:35 pm for $5 more per person.

So everything should work out this way.

How do I cancel this thread?

Archived