Question re Marriott Venice Airport to Pier

j.a.m.

We'll be staying at the Marriott in Venice prior to our cruise. They offer cruise transportation packages, but since we'll be there two nights prior to the cruise (not one) we couldn't take advantage of this deal. They don't list an e-mail address at their website; only a phone number. Does anyone know whether taxis are plentiful in front of this hotel on the morning of cruise departure, or do we need to arrange for transportation ahead of time, before we leave Oregon? I've called Marriott's 800 number and they told me to call the hotel in Italy. It's a little spendy to do that, I fear. (We obviously did not use a travel agent for this trip.)

Would appreciate any input.

Many thanks.

We'll be staying at the Marriott in Venice prior to our cruise. They offer cruise transportation packages, but since we'll be there two nights prior to the cruise (not one) we couldn't take advantage of this deal. They don't list an e-mail address at their website; only a phone number. Does anyone know whether taxis are plentiful in front of this hotel on the morning of cruise departure, or do we need to arrange for transportation ahead of time, before we leave Oregon? I've called Marriott's 800 number and they told me to call the hotel in Italy. It's a little spendy to do that, I fear. (We obviously did not use a travel agent for this trip.)

Would appreciate any input.

Many thanks.

If you dont have a lot of luggage, you can take the bus that stops right outside of the hotel to Venice (about 3 euros each) and then either walk or take a taxi to the ship's port. (20 minute walk to port from bus stop) I would speak to the hotel as soon as you arrive and they can arrange for a taxi. Just keep in mind that if taxis are called, then the meter starts as soon as they begin their drive to the hotel.

Hi. You should call the Marriott back and ask them for the email address for the concierge at the hotel. Then you can email them with your questions without spending the money on a call. I've done that with the Marriots in Copenhagen and in Rio.

Thanks VonChap and kingsbridge. Your posts are helpful. I'll call Marriott again and see if the next person can give me that e-mail address. Otherwise I'll assume Marriott can help us upon arrival. I'm also considering reserving a van the morning of departure. Four people + one large/one small suitcase per person probably equals two cabs, so I'm thinking that maybe a transportation service might end up being more logical and costing almost the same.

Again, thanks.

Archived