Spirit to Bermuda 07/10/09

cindyscruise

This trip was great. We had a wonderful time. Boarding in Boston was really easy. Someone took our luggage and told us where to go. My Mom was using a walker so they just had her sit while I waited on line to go through security. Went to the latitudes line to check in and took elevator up to second floor. Had picture taken and then there was a problem. Apparently something on deck 7. didn't have a long wait and we were on board with our glass of champagne. Toured the ship while waiting for cabins to be ready at 2PM. Beautiful and very different with the Asian theme. I do believe this ship has the friendliest staff of any ship I have been on. We had a cabin with a window. The extra space on the ledge behind the beds was great. The bathroom was really different. When you enter the sink area is straight ahead - the commode is to your right with a sliding door for privacy and the shower is to the left. The shower was bigger then most ships - it is longer. We enjoyed all of our meals. We went to Shogun the last night and enjoyed it. The food was different. The egg drop soup is not your usual type you get in Chinese restaurants. You could also order sushi. (we did not)

I few things we did not know about before hand. There is a trolley that takes you into the dockyard and makes stops at the bus/ferry stop, clocktower mall, clayworks and snorkel park/ fort. Also there is a special bus that goes back and forth to Horseshoe bay and I believe it then goes to Hamilton. We did not use this as we went to Jobson's Cove and it was great. We also visited the Royal Naval Dockyard and then crossed the road to a paved road that went behind a row of apartment houses called Albert's Row. there are some steps down to glass beach. The steps and wall are a work of art being made with sea glass. The sea glass was amazing. it is inches deep in places. didn't take long to fill up both our bags. At the end of the alley is Convicts Cemetary and then back to the bus stop which is between the apartments. Snorkel Park was also great. We had our own snorkels. There is no charge to enter the park. I saw some awesome fish. Bermuda is so beautiful with friendly people. Be sure to always say good morning or good afternoon to the bus driver. All in all we had a great cruise

cindyscruise - Thank you for the review! Sounds like you have a great time and the sea glass is something I've never looked for on Bermuda before! Will be fun!

brokenarrowhd - We're on the same cruise 09/04! :-)

I was on this cruise as well. The seas were perfect all the way there and back. THAT was a pleasure!

One thing we learned: Taxi to Horseshoe Bay Beach much cheaper than the $25 per head for the Spirit booked Bus. We paid $30 each way for 6 people. Saved money there....

Also, go to Dolphin Quest, you can get in for $8 each and watch all the dolphins right up close. Good way to spend a few hours if you have kids with you. (although I could have stayed there all day myself!)

Archived