NEWBIE--trying to decide on cabin for Solstice

curlimommy

My husband and I have NEVER cruised before and we are nervous to book. We are 30 and really looking for relaxation. This will be our first trip away from our baby and we are contemplating booking the Aqua Class cabin. Please help me decide. Also, is there a benefit to booking front, back, mid ship? I forget the technical terms for these already.

Thanks in advance everyone!

We have sailed twice on the Soltice, both in Aqua Class cabins. The Blu Restaurant alone is reason enough for me to book Aqua Class. In addition, you have free bottled water, fresh ice tea daily and special pampering by the cabin attendants. I also prefer mid-ship. The ship is much longer than previous Celebrity ships, so using the center elevator makes getting around much easier.

The Solstice was our first cruise, and I don't think you 'll be disappointed, very relaxing. The balcony cabins are beatiful and quiet. Go for the Aqua Class if you want the food to be the best that it can be on the ship. We did not because we had our teens with us so we thought it was too much extra money (and a waste for the kids).

As far as placment of your cabin, I was told that if it's your first cruise, and you have any seasickness concerns, midship is best. We were aft 6276 and we had no problems, the ship is quite stable (of course the mediterranean was very calm).

Have a fun, romantic time, it will be a very special getaway!

Renata

My husband and I have NEVER cruised before and we are nervous to book. We are 30 and really looking for relaxation. This will be our first trip away from our baby and we are contemplating booking the Aqua Class cabin. Please help me decide. Also, is there a benefit to booking front, back, mid ship? I forget the technical terms for these already.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Well, I can not really help you, because i have never cruised yet, so I am the farthest thing form an expert. You could say we are in the same boat.

But ....

My wife and I are also in our 30s. We picked an AquaClass cabin on Solstice for our first cruise as well, and will be sailing in December of 2010. We liked the "relative" refinement, ammenities, pace, and itinerary that Solstice and Aquaclass seems to provide. With guidance found here, I think we picked one of the largest verandas (perhaps THE largest) in the class.

Welcome to the wonderfuly world of cruising. Hopefully you and your husband will enjoy it as much as many of us here on Cruise Critic do. You've picked a great ship for your first cruise. I've been lucky enough to sail her several times but not in aqua class. We enjoy aft cabins - those at the rear of the ship (it's a personal preference) but everyone we know who has stayed in aqua class love it. The only challenge will be that you will be spoiled after your first cruise !!!! :)

The center of the ship tends to be the most stable so if you have concerns regarding movement, selecting a cabin mid-ship is best. If you are uncertain, go with something mid-ship just to be sure.

After you are booked, be sure to find the roll call for your cruise (let us know if you need help locating it) and chat with others on your sailing. It's fun to get to know others and you can get lots of questions answered.

Let us know what you decide. Folks here can help you select the cabin with the largest balcony, too. :) ENJOY the planning. It's half the fun!

Thanks everyone. I guess I'm coming to the booking sorta late b/c there appear to only be 8 Aqua Class cabins left for the January 2010 sail we are looking at.

I think I'll post for some guidance on picking in another thread. This is all very exciting and overwhelming at the same time. :o

Archived