Ship Time vs Local Time...

cruiseaddict05

We are going to book our excursions through independent companies for the first time and the time thing is really making me nervous/confused.

My first question is, when Carnival states arrival/departure times is that ship time? (which from my understanding would be LA time and an hour later than Mexico time...)

Question 2: From your experience are tour operators pretty on top of the time difference? All we are looking at seem to have great reviews.

Question 3: Do you usually call the tours the morning of with your cell phone/or pay for internet to check confirmations or do you just wing it and have faith?

Thanks ahead of time!

Ship time is one hour behind local time in Puerto Vallarta, on a typical 1 week cruise out of SoCal. The ship scheduled arrival time is local time.

We have also worried. It has never been a problem for us. On the other hand, we have seen folks running down a pier just to wave good bye, and have met many more with tales of expensive overnight flights to catch up with us, at the next port of call.

We have also experienced the ship wait for passengers to arrive late from cruise line arranged tours

Ship time is one hour behind local time in Puerto Vallarta, on a typical 1 week cruise out of SoCal. The ship scheduled arrival time is local time.

We have also worried. It has never been a problem for us. On the other hand, we have seen folks running down a pier just to wave good bye, and have met many more with tales of expensive overnight flights to catch up with us, at the next port of call.

So for example, if the ship arrival time is 9 am and the excursion is at 10 am we are good?:) I of course know we can't be off the ship first :rolleyes: In your experience have the tours known the ship itinerary?

We have also experienced the ship wait for passengers to arrive late from cruise line arranged tours

????

I could understand this in Cozumel where, if you went by local time, you would arrive at the dock an hour late. In PV if you return using local time you'll be an hour early, if you use ship's time you'll be on time. If you miss your ship in PV because of a time mixup your really not too smart.

I think the OP's question is that if the ship docks at 8 a.m. and she has a private excursion booked at 9 a.m., how would she make it in time if 8 a.m. ship time = 9 a.m. PV time?

AND if the ship DOCKS at 8 a.m. (which is 9 a.m. PV time), what time do the passengers get off the ship?

I'm talking about the Mariner of the Seas here, not Carnival.

Thanks!

Archived