Legend ports, what do you recommend?

Toni12345

Fins & Flippers in Roatan! Cave tubing in Belize. Book them both privately. You can also get a rather comprehensive island tour in Cayman simply by booking it after you arrive at the dock. Also recommend Captain Marvin's Stingray City tour (also booked privately). Cozumel, take a cab to one of the beaches; Chankanaab Park is well worth a visit!

You'll have so much fun on this itinerary! Definitely agree, cave tubing in Belize, however, we booked from the ship. Was a great time, and pick up some hot sauce while you are there! :) I'd suggest a beach excursion or just have a taxi take you to the "seven mile beach" area in Grand Caymen - the beaches are as gorgeous as the water is! When you are getting off the ship onto the tender, look down, the water is stunning!

I can suggest a few things NOT to do: in Caymen, skip the Hard Rock cafe right off the port; been there 3 times and all 3 times, terrible food and terrible service. Also, in Cozumel, I don't recommend the Jeep tour from the ship; you go in groups of 4, and one person drives to the "beach" and one person drives back. They promise off-roading, but no such luck. The "beach" is horrible on this excursion.

Hope that helps some. :) Enjoy!

We were on the Legend last year and loved the cruise! Excellent ports. We did the Pirates, Birds and Monkeys when in Roatan. Loved it. When in Belize we did the Butterfly Conservatory.....hated the butterflies, but LOVED the lunch and pool. Cozumel, it was our 3rd time there, and we did a lot of walking and shopping. It actually turned out to be our favorite time visiting there.

Have a great trip! We LOVED the Legend. If you can swing getting a cat 9A, go for cabin number 7301. Huge cabin and balcony and it's close to everything it seems.

Hi, I have 2 weeks from today and haven't decided what to do in ports. Please share your thoughts. Belize, Caymen Islands, Cozumel, Rotan. Thanks.

Hi Toni

We are on the cruise with you and did the same itinerary last August.

My suggestions are as follows:

Grand Cayman: If you have not been to Sting Ray City contact Sharon at Native Ways and do their Sting Ray City/Rum Point tour. It includes food at Rum Point and is cheaper than the ships tour.

Cozumel: We don't care for Cozumel, we find it to be very dirty and run down. Last year it had a horrible smell that I attribute to the sewers not being fixed yet after the hurricane. We are spending the day at the Wyndham resort, which is an all inclusive.

Belize: We really like this port. The town is not up to US Standards, but it is the true Caribbean. We always do a ships excursion here to snorkel, and then go to town.

Roatan: We always go to Tabayana beach. Fins and Flippers is nothing more than a resort without a beach. IMO it is to be avoided at all costs. The snorkeling is near the ship and suffers because of it. There is no beach here. You need to either go to Tabayana or contact Victor Booden, and get a tour.

Go over to the roll call page and join us.

Hi Toni

We are on the cruise with you and did the same itinerary last August.

My suggestions are as follows:

Grand Cayman: If you have not been to Sting Ray City contact Sharon at Native Ways and do their Sting Ray City/Rum Point tour. It includes food at Rum Point and is cheaper than the ships tour.

Cozumel: We don't care for Cozumel, we find it to be very dirty and run down. Last year it had a horrible smell that I attribute to the sewers not being fixed yet after the hurricane. We are spending the day at the Wyndham resort, which is an all inclusive.

Belize: We really like this port. The town is not up to US Standards, but it is the true Caribbean. We always do a ships excursion here to snorkel, and then go to town.

Roatan: We always go to Tabayana beach. Fins and Flippers is nothing more than a resort without a beach. IMO it is to be avoided at all costs. The snorkeling is near the ship and suffers because of it. There is no beach here. You need to either go to Tabayana or contact Victor Booden, and get a tour.

Go over to the roll call page and join us.

Did the beach at Fins and Flippers disappear into the ocean after I was there 2 years ago:confused:

Email Victor Bodden. Our guide, Anthony, took us all over Roatan. My husband and I had our own tour with him for only $40 each. They will custom design your tour for you. We went to the grocery store for vanilla and rum, Half Moon Bay for lunch and snorkeling, plus Victor's house for the birds and monkeys. Check out the Roatan board for plenty of testimonials about his tours.

Hi, I have 2 weeks from today and haven't decided what to do in ports. Please share your thoughts. Belize, Caymen Islands, Cozumel, Rotan. Thanks.

Roatan:

We did an anniversary/birthday cruise in June and highly recommend Ronystours http://ronystours.com/ He will customize the tour to whatever you want to do. If he is not available that day himself, he has family & friends helping run the small tour company. He is upcoming and so accomodating and friendly. The day I made a reservation he even phoned! has emailed me several times and even after cruise.

We were going to tour island, shop, and originally planned Mayan Princess ($10 entry/person) resort (beach/pool) but was cloudy and limited time. So let him do his thing. Our favorite part was Victor Boden's monkeys. Next time I think I'd go for Monkeys and Mayan resort. Very limited shopping at the actual pier. Best find were the fashionable napsak backpacks for $4 each at store LA Iguana & Co. upstairs near stairs.

I have posted links to my legend photos- http://travel.webshots.com/album/573221609ahitHh?vhost=travel&action=refreshPhotos&albumID=573221609&security=ahitHh pictures 132-212 photos were Roatan.

GrandCaymen- booked with Island Marketing Waverunners- very physical but fun trip to Stingray City. That company did mess up our reservation and had to pay for it at port 9reduced rate), have not gotten deposit back yet 'they lost". If you use them, print out all pages of reservation confirmation. -not many photos posted yet in webshots as used water camera. I think I would prefer using Capt Marvins- we loved their service last time in Grand Caymen.

Cozumel- did not cruise to as cancelled prior do to Swine Flu

Belize- son loved his golf excursion to Chapel Caye. We did shopping at dock. Note there are more than one terminal areas for shopping in gates- you have terminals to left from where you come in so be sure to explore. We ventured out of gates, found very little in flea market, went to town for soda, but even as veteran city people felt uncomfortable/hot. Quickly went back inside gates. Found knock offs, woodcraft items, jewelry.

A Prior cruise we took tour to Altun Ha through Carnival and really enjoyed it, of all ports recommend a tour through ship in Belzie- better prices at vendor stalls here at Altun Ha for woodwork items.

Isle Roatan: ronystours.com tell him Suzy sent you please,mom of Birthday Mike.

his email:

"RonY Bennett" ronyroatan@yahoo.com

Any questions please post. Even regarding the ship, hints etc. I read CC often. ~ buffetfan = Suzy

Archived