Labadee Parasailing - Time in Boat?

turquoisesea

I booked the parasailing on Labadee before I read the Shore Excursion pamphlet. It says that you will be in the boat for an hour and a half. :eek: That seems awfully long to me, even if there are three or fours sets of two on the boart to "sail." I am worried about getting seasick. If anyone has done this - how long were you in the motor boat and did you have a lot of time when you were bobbing in the water and not moving?

You will be going pretty fast, most of the time, sort of "negating " the effects of any swells you might experience... it does take time to get everyone "hooked up" and ready to fly....

Thank you CB at Sea. Do you recall the leggth of time you were in the boat?

• 2 weeks later...

Please make sure that the parasailing excursion will actually take place. On my cruise one of the employees walked us over to the meeting place and left us. We stood around for a while and finally found a RC employee to ask Europe on my own. RC also cancelled lunch on the beach without telling the passengers. People were taking the tenders over for lunch only to have to return to the ship. RC handled that day poorly.

Labadee is the only port I have visited that I would never return to as there are so many better ports to visit.

I booked the parasailing on Labadee before I read the Shore Excursion pamphlet. It says that you will be in the boat for an hour and a half. :eek: That seems awfully long to me, even if there are three or fours sets of two on the boart to "sail." I am worried about getting seasick. If anyone has done this - how long were you in the motor boat and did you have a lot of time when you were bobbing in the water and not moving?

It takes the full hour + and as CB said most of the time you are going fast! It's FUN! It does take time to get everyone hooked and unhooked. They are very good at it though.

We were the last sail then they cx'ld the remainders due to weather moving in. It was just getting rough but it did not bother anyone.

In December Labadee will no longer be a tender port.......it will have a complete dock.

Everyone has there own opinion but mine is all of the private islands are wonderful. Especially Labadee and Coco Cay. It's not the ships fault if things are cx'ld .........they do it for the safety of the passengers. If you parasail is cx'ld for any reason by RCL you will get a credit back on your seapass.

We're returning to Labadee in Decmeber, this will be our 4th time there and we just LOVE it!

Make sure to have a Labadoozie:p Enjoy:)

Archived