Tipping at Specialty Restaurants

Love Boat Dream

we always tip the crew for great service and we always get great service. I tip at the cofee bar every morning (5),I tip the cabin steward every day when he delivers my laundry(5) ( we are elite so we put out our laundry every day) we also tip the waiters at the specialty restaurants(10) and we tip the head waiter(10) also. We tip the waiters in the MDR(10) and we tip the Maitre D(20) and all his staff at the chefs table (10). So I guess we tip everyone who waits on us. We tip every night when we are finished with our dinner. We are treated superbly by everyone so we kind of think this works great for us so why stop. We have been treated to many surprise by many of the staff so they show thier appreciation all the time. It is very common to come back to a room with chocolate dipped strawberries, or special canapes in the early evening, or a nice bottle of champagne on ice, or even a champagne breakfast. We have gone to our room and then a knock on the door that room service was delivering a few extra tiramisu's or a nice plate of little cookies from sabatinis since we loved the dessert but did not have any room for it at the end of the meal. We are always treated special so we will always keep tipping. I carry a wad of fives on me every day to tip the servers throughout the day.

we always tip the crew for great service and we always get great service. I tip at the cofee bar every morning (5),I tip the cabin steward every day when he delivers my laundry(5) ( we are elite so we put out our laundry every day) we also tip the waiters at the specialty restaurants(10) and we tip the head waiter(10) also. We tip the waiters in the MDR(10) and we tip the Maitre D(20) and all his staff at the chefs table (10). So I guess we tip everyone who waits on us. We tip every night when we are finished with our dinner. We are treated superbly by everyone so we kind of think this works great for us so why stop. We have been treated to many surprise by many of the staff so they show thier appreciation all the time. It is very common to come back to a room with chocolate dipped strawberries, or special canapes in the early evening, or a nice bottle of champagne on ice, or even a champagne breakfast. We have gone to our room and then a knock on the door that room service was delivering a few extra tiramisu's or a nice plate of little cookies from sabatinis since we loved the dessert but did not have any room for it at the end of the meal. We are always treated special so we will always keep tipping. I carry a wad of fives on me every day to tip the servers throughout the day.

I'd bet you even tip the Captain. :rolleyes:

To me, good service is what somebody does because it's their job. Never in a BILLION years will you see me tip someone because they expect or ask for it. It should never be expected or demanded.

With all that said, I will tip anyone that I feel is offering me good service with a smile on their face. A good way to guarantee you won't get a tip from me is to ask for one.

Are you serious???

Hey rcacace I didn't tip the Capt. ( your sarcasism is not appreciated) but we did bring him a shopping bag of goodies that were from England so he could have a little taste of home while he was onboard. However, the special treatment the Capt. provided for us was well deserving of a nice tip, just my way of saying thanks and have a drink or two on me. He invited my wife and I to the bridge in Glacier Bay. We had such a great time the weather was sunny and the view was spectacular. He saw how much we enjoyed the bridge he invited us back the next evening at 1800 hrs to view the spectacular tidal glaciers of College Fijord. We are not alone in being generous. The website your currently viewing is for CRITICS not for those that are happy with thier cruise vacation. However, there are some of us the enjoy cruising so much we just like to check out this site for nice articles of enlightenment. I was talking about cc.com while at a most travelled cocktail party and the PSD was shocked I was online at cc.com. I asked why is that and he said he would never put me and the word critic in the same sentence.

Yes snowman I am seriuos. If I decide to tip 40-50 bucks a day that is not a big deal to me. I enjoy my cruise vacation and tipping is part of the experience of cruising and enjoying my vacation. I believe that there is a life after death and I also believe in GOD. My logic tells me that if God has given me a good fortune and I keep it all to myself I learned only to be good at being greedy. If I decide to share my wealth with those that are living a harder life and are struggling to make ends meet and provide for loved ones and family then I am doing the footwork to make my self eligible to be granted the honor and priveledge to be invited into the Kingdom of Heaven. you can laugh or ridicule all you want but that is my true belief. I feel that this is one of the many tests from Satan. WWJD have you ever heard of that What Would jesus Do? Have you ever heard of the saying you have to give it away to keep it. Think about what you want in life and then give that to as many people as you possibly can and then watch it all come back to you tenfold or more. If you want to have freinds be freindly, If you want to be loved then Love others, If you want to have money then give it away to those in need and it will all come back. I was raised in the apartment buildings in NYC then spent over 2 decades in the US Marines. I came from humble beginings and now I am a very wealthy man. I did not become wealthy by myself, it was all a gift from God. I just want to give back and tipping on vacation is giving back to those in need of money to support thier family back home.

Hey rcacace I didn't tip the Capt. ( your sarcasism is not appreciated) but we did bring him a shopping bag of goodies that were from England so he could have a little taste of home while he was onboard. However, the special treatment the Capt. provided for us was well deserving of a nice tip, just my way of saying thanks and have a drink or two on me. He invited my wife and I to the bridge in Glacier Bay. We had such a great time the weather was sunny and the view was spectacular. He saw how much we enjoyed the bridge he invited us back the next evening at 1800 hrs to view the spectacular tidal glaciers of College Fijord. We are not alone in being generous. The website your currently viewing is for CRITICS not for those that are happy with thier cruise vacation. However, there are some of us the enjoy cruising so much we just like to check out this site for nice articles of enlightenment. I was talking about cc.com while at a most travelled cocktail party and the PSD was shocked I was online at cc.com. I asked why is that and he said he would never put me and the word critic in the same sentence.

So you did tip the Captain! There aren't many around like yourself. :rolleyes:

I did not tip the Capt. I brought a bag of goodies from England. You know like Cadbury chocolates and spotted dick in the can ( for a joke) and some other goodies. I though it would be a nice gesture since the last time onboard the sapphire we saw him he invited us to the bridge for the sailaway in Cabo San Lucas so I thought it would be nice to bring him something that's all. I thought he was extremely nice since inviting us to the bridge numerous times. All the experiences are different and he wanted us to see how it is in cabo when we pull up the anchor and speed away. We stayed on the bridge and enjoyed a cup of tea and watched how the Staff Capt. manuevered the ship and brought us up to 22 knots. In October we are picking up the staff Capt. for the Sapphire and taking him to see the Anaheim Ducks play an NHL game. He is from Finland and so are a couple players (Selanne & Koivu) so he will get to see his 1st NHL game ever. Is this a tip? Or is this befriending someone and treating them to see an event they always wanted to see.

I did not tip the Capt. I brought a bag of goodies from England. You know like Cadbury chocolates and spotted dick in the can ( for a joke) and some other goodies. I though it would be a nice gesture since the last time onboard the sapphire we saw him he invited us to the bridge for the sailaway in Cabo San Lucas so I thought it would be nice to bring him something that's all. I thought he was extremely nice since inviting us to the bridge numerous times. All the experiences are different and he wanted us to see how it is in cabo when we pull up the anchor and speed away. We stayed on the bridge and enjoyed a cup of tea and watched how the Staff Capt. manuevered the ship and brought us up to 22 knots. In October we are picking up the staff Capt. for the Sapphire and taking him to see the Anaheim Ducks play an NHL game. He is from Finland and so are a couple players (Selanne & Koivu) so he will get to see his 1st NHL game ever. Is this a tip? Or is this befriending someone and treating them to see an event they always wanted to see.

Well it's obvious that your bribes are paying off. Enjoy. :p

Room steward and dining room waitstaff: If you have not reduced or eliminated the daily "hotel charge" from your room account, then these people can keep any extra cash you give them. If you have adjusted the "heotel charge" downward, then any cash you give to them will go into the pool.

Bartender: You automatically already pay 15% tip on each drink. Any extra cash you give to them can be kept by them.

I can tell you for sure that is true for dining room!

Yes snowman I am seriuos. If I decide to tip 40-50 bucks a day that is not a big deal to me. I enjoy my cruise vacation and tipping is part of the experience of cruising and enjoying my vacation. I believe that there is a life after death and I also believe in GOD. My logic tells me that if God has given me a good fortune and I keep it all to myself I learned only to be good at being greedy. If I decide to share my wealth with those that are living a harder life and are struggling to make ends meet and provide for loved ones and family then I am doing the footwork to make my self eligible to be granted the honor and priveledge to be invited into the Kingdom of Heaven. you can laugh or ridicule all you want but that is my true belief. I feel that this is one of the many tests from Satan. WWJD have you ever heard of that What Would jesus Do? Have you ever heard of the saying you have to give it away to keep it. Think about what you want in life and then give that to as many people as you possibly can and then watch it all come back to you tenfold or more. If you want to have freinds be freindly, If you want to be loved then Love others, If you want to have money then give it away to those in need and it will all come back. I was raised in the apartment buildings in NYC then spent over 2 decades in the US Marines. I came from humble beginings and now I am a very wealthy man. I did not become wealthy by myself, it was all a gift from God. I just want to give back and tipping on vacation is giving back to those in need of money to support thier family back home.

You just made me see things in a whole different way,,,,, Thanks and God bless

Archived