Sea sickness tablets - available from Pursers office

Highly Sociable

Can anyone remember the name of these tablets?

My husband tells me that they were far superior to the ones that we brought from home and as he is about to spend an evening on board a North Sea ferry, he doesn't want to take any chances!

Many thanks

The tablets they use are Avomine. They are the best. Cunard sell them for $10 for 10.

I looked at the ingredients and went to Boots the chemist and they got all the ones out they had but none had the same ingredients.

She then went to the pharmacy and appeared with the exact box but it was £5.00 for 30 I think. You have to ask for them at the pharmacy and they are in a blue box with a pic of a plane, boat & train!!

Thank you for the advice about the tablets being available in Boots. I got the Avomine on board the QM2 transatlantic last April but only used them once. Used them again the Bay of Biscay in August on a very rocky 2nd day of a P&O cruise and they worked like a dream!

Thanks

Kathyw

The tablets they use are Avomine. They are the best. Cunard sell them for $10 for 10.

I looked at the ingredients and went to Boots the chemist and they got all the ones out they had but none had the same ingredients.

She then went to the pharmacy and appeared with the exact box but it was £5.00 for 30 I think. You have to ask for them at the pharmacy and they are in a blue box with a pic of a plane, boat & train!!

Always thought Bonine was the best--lasts 24 hours with a minimum of drowsiness..how is the drowsy factor with the medication you mention?? Only seasick once in more than 50 cruises--WAY up high on QE2 with the water coming over the bow!! Had to hang on to the sides of the bed to keep from being thrown to the floor. After that, I am ALWAYS prepared !! The stewards gave us pills AFTER we were ill, and they did seem to work...

Archived