Peter Shanks new president of Cunard

flagger

I had the pleasure of meeting both yesterday, i believe it is my first time with Mr Shanks. :D

We had a very pleasant chat and he commented that it was nice to put a face to the name. :eek:

I wish him luck in his new role and Carol luck in her new role. :)

Gavin :cool:

I had the pleasure of meeting both yesterday, i believe it is my first time with Mr Shanks. :D

We had a very pleasant chat and he commented that it was nice to put a face to the name. :eek:

Gavin

Not a single post for two hours. Have you all been rendered speechless?:D

Sir Martin:cool:

Let's hope Mr. Shanks does not 'princefy' Cunard any more than what has already been done.

Too late..Cunard is already managed, directed, designed and operated by P&O. Crew from P&O is rotated with Cunard, P&O Chief Designer Therese Anderson designs P&O ships as well as the QV and QE. Cunard, like all Carnival brands is slowly having all distinction and most everything noteworthy sucked out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if ships are exchanged between the brands..there isn't much difference between them.

GavBoy, Unfair or not, I believe my comment concerning Ms Marlow to be accurate; she did little or nothing to enhance the standing and prestige of Cunard. Being that you are such a champion of Cunard, you may not see what some others of us feel is apparent.

Interesting address you have - my parents lived and are buried in Holt nr Wimborne so I am very familiar with the area. I still have relatives in Bournemouth and Poole:)

Too late..Cunard is already managed, directed, designed and operated by P&O. Crew from P&O is rotated with Cunard, P&O Chief Designer Therese Anderson designs P&O ships as well as the QV and QE. Cunard, like all Carnival brands is slowly having all distinction and most everything noteworthy sucked out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised if ships are exchanged between the brands..there isn't much difference between them.

I rest my case!

Oy Vay, look what you all opened up...

Too late..Cunard is already managed, directed, designed and operated by P&O.

And being run by a shipping line is worse than being run by a property conglomerate (Trafalgar House, 1971 - 1996 ) or an engineering conglomerate (Kvaerner 1996 - 1998) because?

Carnival have invested more in Cunard in the past five years than anyone else had in the preceding five decades.....so unless you think a three ship line is a viable stand-alone operation.....your suggestion is?

GavBoy, Unfair or not, I believe my comment concerning Ms Marlow to be accurate; she did little or nothing to enhance the standing and prestige of Cunard. Being that you are such a champion of Cunard, you may not see what some others of us feel is apparent.

Interesting address you have - my parents lived and are buried in Holt nr Wimborne so I am very familiar with the area. I still have relatives in Bournemouth and Poole:)

Hi,

Sorry i have to disagree :eek:. I have cruised on many different lines and none of them compare to Cunard, some are just awful.

The Ships are very different and Special. The Staff onboard and shoreside are second to none.

If it were not for Carnival and all the Staff including Carol Marlow and Peter Shanks, Cunard would not exist in its present and excellent form, IF AT ALL.

Am i biased , no i know a good thing when i see it.

Gavin.

I live 2 miles away from Holt, this is a lovely area. :D

Your posts are as interesting as watching paint dry (yawn) :rolleyes:

I hope that they do a good job of painting the dented area starboard at the stern. Regards,Jerry
Wasn't it about a year ago around this time that the Queen Victoria's rear end (stern) hit the dock in Malta which resulted in a dented rear end (stern) for the Queen Victoria? Regards,Jerry

Archived