Pride of America - Aft Balcony question

jmbone

Has anyone here gone of the Hawaii cruise and booked an Aft balcony?

Talking to a TA today, they warned me of soot from the smoke stacks. I wondering if it is a big problem. ?

Also, any comments about an Aft cabin on deck 7 - above the restaurant? Any noise issues?

I saw that there is usually great feedback on this forum, so thought you all would be the right folks to ask! :)

TIA.....Jana

Talking to a TA today, they warned me of soot from the smoke stacks. I wondering if it is a big problem. ?

Also, any comments about an Aft cabin on deck 7 - above the restaurant? Any noise issues?

I saw that there is usually great feedback on this forum, so thought you all would be the right folks to ask! :)

TIA.....Jana

We just got off the GEM and had an Aft balcony. There was a little soot from the smokestack, but I wouldn't call it a big problem. Imagine a black speck the size of a grain of sand.

I wouldn't run my tongue across the railing, but you could brush it all away in a second or two, there really wasn't a lot. Our cabin steward cleaned the railing every day - I certainly wouldn't avoid an aft cabin for fear of soot.

We had an aft cabin on our NCL trip to Alaska last year and loved it. Balcony was nice sized and the motor drowned out all other noise and actually lulled us to sleep. I just got off the phone today from booking our 2010 Hawaiian cruise and chose another aft cabin. If there was soot while in Alaska, we didn't notice it - if there's soot while in Hawaii I doubt we'll notice that, either! ;)

TIA.....Jana

We had a stern (aft) balcony on the Dawn and we had soot on our balcony 2 mornings out of 7. (Only seems to get there at night when they are going faster.) Room steward wiped down the loungers and rail and all was well. There is nothing quite like sitting out on your balcony enjoying the scenery while dining alfresco. (Room service) :D

We had an aft balcony cabin on deck 8 of the POA and noticed no smokestack emissions . Noise from below is not a problem , but some have mentioned noise from the outdoor lido above the aft cabins in the top row . Decks 7 and 8 would be safe .

I didn't have a balcony aft either time thatI was on the Pride of America, but I did hear from a couple that had one when we went through the Panama Canal. They said that it was uncomfortably hot back there since there was very little breeze. Hawaii is fairly humid, so that may be something to consider.

I had an aft balcony in the Caribbean last summer (on a different ship), and I thought I would die from the heat. I love the aft, but in cooler climates (like Alaska). Of course, that's just my opinion.

Archived