Triumph Debarkation in NYC Questions

littlesnit

Hi,

We're wondering about debarkation from the Triumph when it returns to NYC.

Self-assist is a little difficult for me, so we are wondering who gets called first after the self-assist? Is it lower decks first, higher cabin category, or ?

And, how difficult is it to get a cab? We're hoping to catch the 11 a.m. bus at the Port Authority back to our hometown. Any chance we might make it?

Thanks for your input.

we did self debarkation on the july 9th sailing. They called Main deck first but we were told the night before we did not have to leave when first called. We were on Riviera and after eating breakfast, we got our suitcases out of our room. It was around 8:20 (we were told we had to be out of room by 9). we did not hear any more announcements so we just went upstairs and saw a line. We told a Carnival worker that we did not hear our deck called and she said no problem that we could get on line. So we did. We were off the ship and through customs before 9 and walked to Grand Central. We missed the 9:25 train by about 10 minutes so we just waited for the next one. I also think if you tell guest services you have to catch a bus they will let you be one of the first off. Do a search of these boards because someone had posted a phone number for a reliable taxi service. Have a good time.

Thanks for your help. Last time we took the bus we missed the 11:00 and were stuck at the PA until 1:30, which is a real drag with luggage.

Also, I'm working Sat. night, so it would be nice to get home early and get some rest.

Thanks again.

If you keep your luggage with you, you can leave anytime you want. Tip - take the elevator to the 3rd floor & then pass through the dining room & you will be on a very short line to get off the ship. Once you are on the street, taxis are always there waiting for you. They also have private cars to take you. Hope this helps. Good luck!

I just debarked in NYC.. It was Miracle so Im not sure if its the same process as Truimph so I wont comment on that. However after walking towards the street before I even got out of building I was approached by a "private car" driver, no wait at all, he grab some of the luggage and I walked to his waiting nicely kept lincoln towncar. He loaded the luggage in the trunk and proceeded to drive me very professionaly to Grand Central. He charged 15 bucks (compared to the 11 and change plus 3 dollar tip for the cab I took from GC to the pier) I tipped the private driver five for a total of 20... Well worth no wait, help with the luggage to the car (no porter needed) and a lincoln towncar ride compared to a cab ride.. just my 2 cents..

Archived