Sunblock for Passion Island in Cozumel

MAHA

I have searched on the Cozumel boards as well as this board and cannot find what I am looking for. Can anyone tell me what type of sunblock you can use on Passion Island in Cozumel? I have read that in Mexico, you need biodegradeable sunblock. If so, is it just ones that are PABA free?

Thanks!

Mary Anne

Ummm, I just used regular old sunblock when we went to Passion Island a few years ago! No one EVER said anything about any restrictions. Just use what you would normally use...and reapply often, the sun can be brutal there. But it is a LOVELY place! :)

Here's a link to some info on using biodegradable sunblock in Cozumel at certain parks: http://www.cozumel-tours.com/biodegradable-sunscreen.htm

On the right-hand side of the screen they list some suggestions. Apparently none of the mainstream brands (like Coppertone) makes this.

I've scuba dived with dolphins in Chankanaab Park and NEVER heard of this. Is this new? I dove in...oh around 2002.

There was a thread here on CC about this several years ago. It was about how "green" you want to be with your sunscreen and not pollute the waters. That is a personal decision.

We did Passion Island and had a really wonderful time. And no one cared or asked about your sunscreen.

Have a great excursion to PI!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived