Mariner of the Seas-Which Cabin?

seafood

Which would you choose between D1 Category Cabin 7332 and E1 Category Cabin 8618? Cabin 8618 is one of the hump cabins and has a bigger balcony than Cabin 7332. DH prefers a bigger balcony, but are there any negatives to having a hump cabin?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Have not been on the Marnier however did decide on an E1 over a D1 on the Navigator to get an aft cabin just because the balcony was larger.

The difference in the cabin was most noticeable at the foot of the bed with only about a foot or so of space to the wall. For us the larger balcony was worth it.

Kathy:)

Which would you choose between D1 Category Cabin 7332 and E1 Category Cabin 8618? Cabin 8618 is one of the hump cabins and has a bigger balcony than Cabin 7332. DH prefers a bigger balcony, but are there any negatives to having a hump cabin?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

In my opinion the hump cabins are the best on the ship, BOOK THE HUMP

This is the third time you have posted a new thread and asked this in 2 days. :D Our answers are not going to change. :D

There are no disadvantages to a Hump balcony. They are the best location to have in my opinion.

You will have a 180 degree view from your balcony in the cabin you are asking about. 8618.

You are near the stairs and the elevators, but you will not be bothered by noise from them.

I believe the others also agreed with 8618 as the choice when you said your husband wants the biggest balcony.

The 8618 balcony is 4 sq. ft larger.

If you want the biggest cabin, that is 7332. If 7332 is a connecting cabin, that could mean a smaller couch in your cabin and possible noise through the door.

You have to make that choice. ;)

Voyager hump cabins all have all the same size balconies. None are bigger than others.

Click on these thumbnails and you will see the difference between the Voyager Hump cabins and their balconies and the Radiance Class.

The small extra space you see in the Voyager class balcony picture is actually in the room itself and not part of the balcony.

Radiance class ship Hump cabins. Radiance ships have some of the larger Hump balconies.

Click on the Thumbnails and they will enlarge.

.... Radiance..... Voyager

attachment.php?attachmentid=74346&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1206559563 attachment.php?attachmentid=74350&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1206559969

My choice.

I would take 8618. ;) I have 8318 on my next cruises and it is the perfect location.

I've only posted this question ONCE on this board, but posted it on two other boards to get different opinions. I'm not trying to see if answers will change, but wanted different opinions as all who may have input may not read the same boards.

Thanks to all who have responded.

progress.gif

I've only posted this question ONCE on this board, but posted it on two other boards to get different opinions. I'm not trying to see if answers will change, but wanted different opinions as all who may have input may not read the same boards.

Thanks to all who have responded.

progress.gif

Sorry if you misunderstood my post. It was in no way meant to be rude.

I apologize if you took it that way. I was just kidding with you. :o

If you look at my posting, you will see I said "(LOL, Laughing out Loud)"

and two smilies :D :D about the answers not changing.

I did not know if you saw the other answers posted to the other two threads, so I posted this on here.

I was merely making sure you saw my posting. I do post a lot of information to people on here about Hump cabins as I have been booking them myself since 2003. ;)

Again, I was not saying that to be mean. Unfortunately one can not hear a person writing.

My sincere apologies if you thought that.

• 2 weeks later...

:) :) We had a "Hump" cabin on the Mariner in Jan'09 for our 30 day cruise to South America and Cape Horn -------- It was the BEST !!!!!!! In fact,

I just booked a hump cabin on the Solstice for Jan. '10 to the Caribbean.

You will have about 2-3 extra feet between the drapes and the actual

sliding glass door to the balcony ---- we loved it !!!! If the price of

the cabins are pretty close - by all means book the "hump" --- you won't regret the choice IMO. :D

• 1 year later...
hi

Can anyone tell me if the 'backside' of the 'hump' has terrible views? Can you see towards the front of the ship or no? Any opinion of cabins 7328 and 7326??

thanks

I will give a go, those cabins don't have terrible views, you are out a sea could you have a better view. If you get a cabin right on the hump you have a 180 degree view, if you are forward of the hump you can only see forward, if you are to the rear of the hump you can only see the aft view. If you move farther down towards the aft you will have a better view forward, your angle will impove

Archived