Military discount problems

guntheros

We were supposed to get the military discount, but no one said we had to get the papers to them within 3 days. So... now they're saying we can't get it. Said we can talk to someone else at Carnival (not sure what they call them) but has anyone had any luck in getting them to change their minds? I sent them an e-mail and am still waiting to hear a response, but if anyone has had any luck with this, I'd like to know how you went about it so I can do the same.

I did book with Carnival and they gave us the military price. When I called to make sure they got our military papers, they said that I needed to have gotten them there in 72 hours and since I didn't, they couldn't honor that price. They said I can try and talk to another division of Carnival to see if they could change it, but they were closed at the time. Just wondering how likely it is that they will change it for me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I Have tried twice to get the military discount and have never had any luck with it

They seem to make it very difficult to get it. It gets you to there site & entices you to book and after you book they figure they have you anyways.

Good luck with this Issue, I never got no where with it.

Iv'e heard you only save $ 10.00 anyways

I did book with Carnival and they gave us the military price. When I called to make sure they got our military papers, they said that I needed to have gotten them there in 72 hours and since I didn't, they couldn't honor that price. They said I can try and talk to another division of Carnival to see if they could change it, but they were closed at the time. Just wondering how likely it is that they will change it for me. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I Don't think anyone can get them there papers within the 3 days they say you have to in order to get discount

I Have tried twice to get the military discount and have never had any luck with it

They seem to make it very difficult to get it. It gets you to there site & entices you to book and after you book they figure they have you anyways.

I use a TA and she is always very good about getting the military discount if it is offered. AND she always says we need to fax the info within 72 hours. But since she has a copy of my docs on file, it is not an issue. AND it is usually the best discount offered.

When the swine flu panic caused ships to be diverted to Canada, mil rate got me B2B cruises on Splendor, first week was $89! Second week was $129. Of course, port charges were outrageous, four times the cruise rate. EM

We were supposed to get the military discount, but no one said we had to get the papers to them within 3 days. So... now they're saying we can't get it. Said we can talk to someone else at Carnival (not sure what they call them) but has anyone had any luck in getting them to change their minds? I sent them an e-mail and am still waiting to hear a response, but if anyone has had any luck with this, I'd like to know how you went about it so I can do the same.

We booked our first cruise with a military discount. We had some FAX issues with the DD214 and they changed us to a regular price after a couple days...a little over $250 for the two of us. After a few days of trying to remedy the FAX problems (at home), I finally went to an office supply store and had them FAX the form. The next day our rate was changed back to Military. We were working with a PVP at the time...don't know if that mattered or not.

Call and ask to speak to a supervisor. Good luck!

I Don't think anyone can get them there papers within the 3 days they say you have to in order to get discount

We have usually gotten the Military discount. If you have the paperwork, scan it and email it to your PVP or the CVP, whom ever is making your reservations. They will get the paperwork immediately.

Good luck.

Never had a problem booking Military, if you had a legit Travel Agent, they would of told you that you need to send a copy of your DD-214 to them as well as Carnival. Your legit knowledgeable Travel Agent should of also given you both Fax numbers.

By the way, its not $10.00, its more like 300.00 savings, who the heck are you dealing with?

This is the number you need to send Carnival the fax:

For Military Discount rate:

Carnival requires the DD214 with 48hrs of booking.

Please fax DD214, Attn: Interline Dept., fax # 305-406-6661

Please reference your name/ship/sailing date/booking number.

Fred

When I book with Carnival or whom ever, I have them on the phone and go over a check list of items like Meal Time, Paying my Gratuities up front and of course getting the PVP name, number and booking numbers. I fax over the DD-214 over to them and it only takes what 15 Seconds. You can go to Kinkos and fax it from there or at your Job.

Fred

Could anybody direct me to web page or let me know what are the exact requirements for miltary discount. i'm not a retiree but a disabled vet from Vietnam era...any help appreciated...thanks

While the Military rate is offered on a limited basis (each cruise only has X number of spaces), anywhere you look, the documents have to be received in 72 hours.

My own personal experience was the TA requested my docs in 72 hours. I immediatly faxed the copy and that was the end of the story.

BTW: The discount is much much more than $10

Whether you got the docs into Carnival within the 72 hour time limit is neither here nor there.

I have not read on this site anyone convincing Carnival to change their pricing policy due to something like this. Could be that all of their allotment of military rate cabins are now sold out. If this is the case, you may want to cancel and rebook another ship on another sailing date

Could anybody direct me to web page or let me know what are the exact requirements for miltary discount. i'm not a retiree but a disabled vet from Vietnam era...any help appreciated...thanks

DD-214, Honorable Discharge, 2+ Years of service.

Carnival offers military discounts on select sailings to active personnel currently serving in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Department of Health and Human Services, National Guard, Navy, Marines, or Reserves, as well as Cadets who are currently enrolled in a military academy with a scheduled entry date into one of these divisions. Retired personnel from any of these divisions are also eligible. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or who served in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above are also eligible. Finally, spouses of actively deployed, or deceased military personnel, are eligible to book one stateroom as long as the eligible spouse is occupying the stateroom. Qualifying guests must submit a photocopy of current military ID, retired military ID, commitment papers, or discharge papers and a passport or driver's license via fax to Carnival and (Travel Agent) at the time of booking. Carnival will charge guests the standard market rate if they do not receive proper documentation within 48 hours of booking.

Fred

bobsher, just a copy of your DD214 showing you were Honorably discharged should do it. We deal with a PVP at Carnival and since I scanned it once and sent it to him, he kept it on file. I didn't have to send it next time we booked, he handled everything.

bobsher, just a copy of your DD214 showing you were Honorably discharged should do it. We deal with a PVP at Carnival and since I scanned it once and sent it to him, he kept it on file. I didn't have to send it next time we booked, he handled everything.

You are lucky, I have to re-submit mine all of the time. Also, make sure you cover your SSN number!

Fred

We have used the military discount on 2 of our Carnival cruises and the discount is the best one. I have been told that early saving rate is better but have yet had the chance to try that one. We had to fax my husband's DD214 and his driver's license. I don't remember them giving me a time frame, but I do it right away.

Tina

I have used the military discount on cruises the last 6 times we have gone. Had to send a copy of DD214 and DL 2 times and ever since then my agent at Carnival has kept it on file and I have not had to send it again.

I usually book early and he has always been able to give me the military rate which has always been the lowest.

Just this year, the early saver, has been lower but with the restrictions we have chosen to stick with our military discount.

Hope things work out for you.

I have sent the military papers 2 times and they haven't gotten them. So... I just called and they gave me an e-mail to send them to which I did just now. I also got this e-mail... There was no mention of not giving me the military discount, so I'm thinking things may be looking up!

Unfortunately the military information for the booking number you list below is not on file. Can you please send it to us at 305-406-6478 or interline@carnival.com and make sure to include your booking number with it.

Archived