NFL SuperBowl on the Voyager

We are booked on the Voyager of the Seas for Feb 5/2005 ....I don't know what the hell I was thinking booking then but will we be able to see the game on the ship? Do they set up some big screens or do anything special when the Superbowl is on?

Thanks

We were on the Serenade last year for the superbowl, and yes they did play it on board. They even rearranged formal night to accomodate the many football fans on board. It was interesting, as the feed was sattelite and played the commericals in spanish. Fortunately the game commentary was in english.

Hey Mark....good to see that someone else is on this cruise. The closest team to where I live are the Bills and they are a longshot..........The Eagles will have a hard time without T.O I think but it would be nice to see them come through.

Either way I guess its gonna be the next best thing to being at the game while we're sitting at a bar on a ship in the middle of the ocean someplace relaxing on vacation while having a few pops :-)

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn Feb 5/2005!!!!!!!!!!!

We were on the Adventure of the Seas two years ago for the Super Bowl and they had all kinds of special things going on in the bars... hot dogs, hamburgers, wings, etc. It was really fun. It was also the first day on the ship and they even post-poned the muster drill until the next morning!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - I never thought about the Superbowl when I booked our 2/5 cruise on Splendour. Bet my husband, dad, and the other guys in our group haven't realized it yet. Well, as long as they can see the game, I don't think they'll care. HMMMMM - 7 days of bliss on a cruise or a 4 hour (usually boring) football game - tough decision - lol.

We were on the Mercury (Celebrity Cruise Line) during the superbowl two years ago. They had a great celebration-held in the movie theatre, with all of the tailgate fixings-nachos, barbeque, hotdogs, etc, and sold beer. The superbowl was a lot of fun to watch on the movie screen. The only problem was the commercials, which are usually my favorite part..we were near Cozumel,Mexico, and the satelite broadcast came from there...the commercials were in spanish, with no english subtitles!

Ina

Hi Mark

Awww thats Ok the Bills always choke in the end I'm use to it now :-)

And yes it sure does sound like its gonna be a good time watching the game.

The Eagles miss T.O......I'm hoping the Pack knock the Vikes out Sunday and the Jets knock out the Cahrgers on Saturday.

Hi Mark

Geeeeeeeeezuz I don't know what they are going to do about formal night, hopefully they change it to another night............All I know is I'm going to early dinner, gonna eat real quick, get the hell outta there, back to the room for a quick change into something more comfortable...eg. shorts :-) and to the Sports Bar ASAP!!!!!!!!! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

...they not only had a lounge with some big screens with a nice buffet and drink service, but it was piped into every cabin as well. No worries about

seeing it. Voyager will not disappoint.

Mitch

We are on the Feb 5th VOS cruise also. Being from Maine we are extremely excited for the super bowl on the cruise. Im sure we wont be disapointed!! Just look for the couple with an older son and younger daughter wearing ALOT of Pats stuff..............Go Pats......:D

Hi Acanadianman , how are you ? hope your ready . what a game, two weeks of hype this is great.they both match up well it should be a great game i,m ready to have that pop with you...single digits tomarrow for us ,. we leave Fri. am. GO EAGLES////////////////////////////////////////////////

heh guys....I was thinking about the 6:30 kick off time for the super bowl. We will be leaving Nassau around 1-2 in the afternoon and sailing out for our 1st day at sea the following day. Anyone checked on the "time change"?? Im thinking we lose an hour somewhere on the ship after leaving Nassau? Am I correct and if so does that mean the Super Bowl kick off time for us will be 7:30 and not 6:30?? hmmmmmmmmm..Go Pats!!!! hehe had to add that:D

Brian Westbrook, MVP??? Are you kidding me??? I've never seen a running back run so quickly towards the sideline to avoid being hit!

The Pats *crushed* Jerome Bettis and Deuce Staley... Westbrook doesn't have a prayer!

Cheers!

Gusman

PS... I wish I were going to be on a cruise for the superbowl!!!

Archived