XP hi and a few ??S =)

MafiaMom3

so DHand i are going on a cruise with the kids.... just cant make up my mind which one....

theres the Spirit from norweigan cruise lines out of boston.

then theres the explorer of the seas out of NJ, which is no big deal...

we have been told that the kids facilities on the spirit are just meh. RC is the way to go with kids.

heres the thing, ive been on rcl 1x hubby a few. his first times on rcl were great. the time we went is STUNK!!! WORST CRUISE EVER! he was lucky i didnt toss him overboard!!!! ya, it was THAT bad. lol

he agreed that the rcl cruise we went on together was horrible. all around.

...so im hesitant to go back to it.

weve been on other cruises, carnival 2x, and had great times!

and at the same time i dont want to be stuck on a ship bored out of our minds wiht a 4, 3, and 1 year old. yah. so, do i suck it up and do rc keeping my fingers xed that its better than the other time we sailed with them? or do i book the spirit?

both cruises would be in may to bermuda

also another thing... hurricane season. dh is looking at sept/oct to go bermuda...,. would you with 3 kids????? ive never sailed anywhere near hurricane season so i have no idea what it could be like. and at the same time, if were stuck indoors since its so bad out with the boys.... well, that just may be the end of my sanity. lol but to chance it and get a great vaca at a screaming deal.... we're not rich ya know?? so ... idk what to do...

thoughts advise needed!!!

TIA!

Kim =)

Which RCCL cruise "sucked"? lol (inquiring minds wanna know :D )

I've had the best cruises on RCCL so that's why I chose Explorer out of NJ over Spirit or Dawn (NY) for our cruise to Bermuda next June. With that being said, hurricane season in Bermuda is IFFY.

Put it this way, in prime hurricane season, your cruise to Bermuda could become a cruise to Canada. We were on a Canadian cruise last month - so it's not the worst thing that could happen. But it's different for sure. ;)

I can say though that if budget is a concern, then go with NCL. The 3rd/4th rate on RCCL for that Bermuda cruise is ridiculous. :(

I am paying as much for my kids as I am for myself. If I could have talked everyone else in my extended family to go on NCL, then it would have been better for my pocketbook - but everyone insisted on Royal Caribbean.

Archived