Istanbul to Kiev

I am considering a Black Sea cruise with UniWorld starting at Istanbul and ending at Kiev.

If anyone has been on a Black Sea cruise before, suggestions are very welcome.:)

I understand all transactions on the boat, including tips, must be done in Ukrainian Hryvnia currency.:confused: Suggestions?

Does anyone know anything about the MS Taras Shevchenko?:cool:

Thanks in advance

I have never been on a Black Sea Cruise but I have been on Uniworld for a river cruise From Budapest to Praque. Being on a Uniworld Cruise Line had its up and downs. There were a few things I did't like about it. One was that you only eat three times a day at specific times. If you got up a little late there was not breakfast. If you got back to the ship and missed lunch you were on your own and the same with dinner. There was nothing to eat in between. After a long day of touring with them and you get back and want a bit to snack on before dinner there was nothing. Also the excursion were OK. They left right on time with no extra time from the ship in the morning. You had to be on that bus right at the time specify or you would of missed it. They were very strict about that. The food was nothing to right home about. Breakfast was a buffet and so was lunch. If you couldn't find anything on the buffet you like you didn't eat. Dinner was the best of all the meals. The age group on the ship is a much older crowd. We were in our 50's and thank god we found another couple our age to be with or else it would of been a quite boring cruise especially at night when there was hardly any entertainment. I would definitely go on another River Cruise. I loved the concept of river cruising and stopping at each little town and seeing the scenery. There is alot of lines out their and I would next time check them all out. The cruise you might go on but be alot different then ours. It was about 3 years ago that my husband and I did this. It might of changed by now. Good Luck. Dicrepe@aol.com.

Archived