Ruby L233

choochella

We are very happy that we were able to get a Lido deck inside on the Ruby for our upcoming cruise. We originally booked an II gty, since no Lido deck cabins were available. To make a long story short, we finally were assigned a Lido deck cabin. It's L233.

On a majority of our last cruises on any of the grand class ships, we always seemed to have cabins on the port side. This will be the first starboard side cabin assigned. I noticed that L233 is the last cabin in the hallway. On the deck plans, it shows a large white area next to L233 which is not marked. Does anyone know what this is? I'm guessing it might be storage since the Lotus spa and Thermal Suite is right there. No biggie, just wondering that's all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I would guess that it's either a storage area for the spa - the Thermal Suite is indeed right there - or storage for the cabin stewards. I bought a cruise-long pass to the Thermal Suite on the Ruby so I was down there a lot. I remember seeing some storage areas but can't account for the large empty space on the deck plan.

We have stayed in that cabin and I did look around to see what it was. Didn't find a marked door in the passenger hallways, but I think there is a pass through from one side to the next and it's used for storage and possibly other things for that area.

Did not have any noise from it if that matters. Would book that room again.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived