Stock

clodhopper1969

Can someone please explain to me how you get obc by owning carnival stock? To late for this cruise but maybe for the next one....

Thanks

It's only too late if you're leaving this weekend.

You must own 100 shares of CCL and then you submit your brokerage statement with all your pertinent info to LIza McDaniel at shareholder relations. More info forthcoming if you need it.

I just did a search on you and it seems you are not cruising until January. True?

It's only too late if you're leaving this weekend

The point I was trying to make pia is that as long as there are a few work days between submitting the stock ownership and the cruise, there shouldn't be a problem. ;) Since Liza is so quick to add the credit to your account.

Thanks....we are going to alaska this Sunday....so too late for this cruise but we will watch the stock and buy it before our next cruise.

Thanks for your replies much appreciated

If you buy it today and email Liza McDaniel by the end of the day with your stock conformation you may get it, Liza is very good at her job.

Thanks....we are going to alaska this Sunday....so too late for this cruise but we will watch the stock and buy it before our next cruise.

Thanks for your replies much appreciated

IF you can fax the stock ownership over quickly, you still might be able to get the credit. Heck, it's worth a shot! IMHO!

Edited-I agree with jtutak on this!

The point I was trying to make pia is that as long as there are a few work days between submitting the stock ownership and the cruise, there shouldn't be a problem. ;) Since Liza is so quick to add the credit to your account.

He probably could purchase it on line now, get the proper documentation and submit to Liza immediately; today. Most people can't do things that rapidly. I could. You could. The majority could not.

The OP would need to physically walk into a brokerage office to purchase the stock. If he opened an account online, it would take several days just to fund the account before purchasing the stock. It could be do-able if he did the walk-in option.

If you already have any kind of brokerage account, you should be able to do it today. Just call your broker and explain the situation. When you get your confirmation just email it along with other info to Liza and you should be ok. Call her first just to let her know you are leaving Sunday and she will email you the confirmation. Since you are so close to sailing, you won't be able to see it in your cruise personalizer savings account. Good luck!

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but...what is the approximate cost of 100 shares of stock?

Thanks

I just checked my desktop and the current price is showing $28.88 a share, so 100 shares would be $2888.00 plus any stock purchase commission. A much higher price than when we bought the stock. :D

I just checked my desktop and the current price is showing $28.88 a share, so 100 shares would be $2888.00 plus any stock purchase commission. A much higher price than when we bought the stock. :D

WOW! Last time I happened to look at it, it was $25. I guess there's been some action since the closing of my June statement. I hardly ever pay attention to CCL, since that's one stock that's worth it's weight in gold. Literally.

Archived