AO Question

sas80

Just curious....

I have an almost 3 year old and I do not expect him to be potty trained before we leave for our cruise.

Does AO allow your non potty trained child to stay and play if you stay at AO and supervise him/her?

I'm thinking it might be fun for him to play in a group like that, but not sure if it would be allowed.

I'm also wondering - if you hire out a babysitter for those same hours - someone who would be with him to supervise him and change diapers if neccesary, think they would let him stay and play then?

Curious....

Thanks

I would say try but really don't think so as I know how strict they are with saying children must be able to go independently, managing to go in, to the toilet, wash and dry their hands and manage they're clothes independently, they went on about this for quite a while at the kids welcome meeting ;-)!!! I now when we went last year with our 2 yr old who was toilet trained and is very tall and looks older for her age, she wasn't allowed in to play even if I went with her which really frustrated me as it was mostly babies at the royal babies and tots sessions and she wanted to play with the older kids.

They absolutely do not allow parents to stay with their children in the kid's program--the Aqua Babies program allows parents to stay with the child for the 45 minutes, but not in the regular kid's program. And they don't allow the babysitters to stay with the kids either---the only adults allowed are the counselors. A child must be able to independently care for themselves in the bathroom. The counselors will not help at all.

On a similar vein, if my DD(almost4) knows how to go, but will sometimes "forget" b/c she's having too good a time and doesn't want to stop playing, can I just show up at the 1/2 way point and take her potty? Or are they good about declaring "it's potty time now everybody let's go"? She never had any accidents at 3 hours of pre-school last year but I think that was the peer pressure of "ok, everybody goes potty now".

No, there are no potty reminders. I think it might be a really good idea to go there yourself and take her potty. Don't want her getting the three strikes and your out problem. That would not be fun.

On the RCCL ships we have been on, parents were not allowed to step foot inside AO, at all. It was a safety issue.

You can attend the 45 minute Royal Tots Sessions with him though. It is not held in the AO room, always in another area.

They are pretty strict with the potty training issue. If he is wearing pulls up, they will not allow him into AO. :( So I wish you the best! Have a great cruise. :D

We were hardly allowed to peek into the AO let alone step inside except for the open house. There are signs about the potty trained issue and the other posters said it right...they are very strict. You can go to the 3-5 age program with your child but they are very serious about the diaper/pullup/self-sufficiency.

Archived