I'm curious to know - what is an eggcrate?

Sue's Mom

Hi Jan,

The eggcrate thingy is a foam pad that you can request for your stateroom bed(s). It's a good thing on Princess because most of their beds are pretty hard in my opinion! - Ask your cabin steward as soon as you see him (her) because they tend to go fast!

I don't know if other cruise lines offers thoses. I have only used them on Princess.

Happy Cruising!

Demented - :cool:

It is a foam topping that goes on your bed. It is about 1 1/2 inches thick. It is called an egg crate because if you turn over an egg carton the foam topping is shaped like the bottom of the carton with all the little peaks the eggs sit in.:)

I faxed my request for an eggcrate on Monday, and by Tuesday it was listed in my "special requests" in my Princess Personalizer. Make sure you state your booking #, cabin # and sail date.

Here's the fax number :D

661-284-4885

Sending a fax to Princess special services in advance of your cruise is the best way to request an eggcrate cover. We did this on our last cruise and it was there when we checked in. Don't have the fax number handy, but if you call princess they will give it to you. You can also search this topic on this site. There was a sample letter to fax with the number and all the information you will need. I felt the eggcrate made a difference, especially when you have a queen converted from 2 twins. The topper make the bed seamless and more comfortable.

Archived