RC excursions for Mexican Riveria - Help Please

PIH

We are on the Mariner in Aug.

Thinking about booking the Salsa, Salsa and Margaritas tour in Mazatlan and the all inclusive resort getaway ( the famous beach where " NIght of the Iguana was filmed) in PV. The one review of the resort getaway was not positive so I am wondering if any of you have done that and if so would you recommend it? Also if anyone has done the salsa tour I would appreciate feedback on that as well. Thanks everyone and enjoy the summer!

Thinking about booking the Salsa, Salsa and Margaritas tour in Mazatlan and the all inclusive resort getaway ( the famous beach where " NIght of the Iguana was filmed) in PV. The one review of the resort getaway was not positive so I am wondering if any of you have done that and if so would you recommend it? Also if anyone has done the salsa tour I would appreciate feedback on that as well. Thanks everyone and enjoy the summer!

We're on the Mariner in January...and choosing excursions is going to be REALLY difficult for us...I guess we've done this route a few too many times...I figured out the other day that we will actually be doing it on our SEVENTH DIFFERENT ship: Carnival Jubilee, Carnival Elation, Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas, Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas, Sapphire Princess and now the Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas...

...and we tend to take shore excursions, so, at this point, we've done all the ones we thought were interesting, some more than once...

My wife and daughters took the hotel/beach/pool thing in PV one time (I went into town on my own that trip) and, though the girls always enjoy just kicking back and relaxing at a hotel pool, my wife was less than thrilled...Do you know which hotel they are using now? Is it La Joya de Mismaloya?

http://www.barcelo.com/Barcelo.Portal.B2C.Web/Plantillas/Hotel/HomeHotel.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b50EC7C45-41DD-48E4-A359-6E835F090361%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fBarceloHotels%2fen-GB%2fHotels%2fMexico%2fPuertoVallarta%2fLaJollaDeMismaloya%2fHome%3fkw%3dGO_012009_ROS_S1_en_US_H252_GP&NRCACHEHINT=NoModifyGuest&kw=GO_012009_ROS_S1_en_US_H252_GP#AdServ

It's the "beach where Night of the Iguanas was filmed"...but...the hotel did not exist in the 1960s when that movie was made...but, it is in the right area...

Nice hotel and facilities...If you're idea of wht to do with the day is have a beach and pool day, rest and relaxation, I think it's a good bet...

Now, for Mazatlan, all that "Salsa and Salsa" doesn't thrill me...but Margaritas? Hmmmmm...sure...

We've done tours there that head to the Tequila distillery at Las Osunas...and I always enjoy a good tasting...though I thought the Tequila tasting in Puerto Vallarta was better...

One thing for sure, there is lots to see and do in all of these ports--depending on what YOU like to do...

I am not sure yet what we will do this time...maybe a repeat of one or two of the tours we've enjoyed in the past...It's probably best I leave it up to my wife...

My wife and I did the All Inclusive excursion on the July 5th 2009 sailing.

This is the resort we went to www.barcelolajollademismaloya.com

The resort was beautiful and I really loved the pool. I spent 80% of my time in that pool. The beach was nice, smaller then what I am use to but as big as what i saw in the other 2 stops.

The swim up bar was nice but crowded. I found it quicker just get a waitress to get me a drink.

The food was good for what it is, but after having really good Mexican food in the 2 prior port of calls i was very disappointed when I saw them pull 2 white flour tortillas from a package that looked like an Old El Paso bag. The food is your typical all inclusive fair.

It is a very nice all inclusive resort.

Would I recommend it? That would depend on what you want and what you expect. If you want to sit by a pool or on the beech and have a few drinks then sure. I had no issues with it and was happy with the experience and we may actually spend a week there next year. I always found All Inclusive's to be a little boring, but the wife had never been to one and wanted to see what it is like. Personally I would have rather seen the city, but I do not regret the purchase.

I hope this helped a little.

got back from JULY CRUISE- THE 1 THING THAT WAS EVERYONE'S HIT was the ZIP CANOPY

TOUR booked - on our own in PV

STAN

We are looking at doing a snorkeling tour in Cabo - has anyone done those and have any thoughts? thanks. We do want one that does ahem adult beverages (after snorkeling of course!).

We are also looking for a snorkle tour in Cabo. Is it possible to get a decent one to Chileno or Santa Maria Bay when you walk off the ship? Most of the ones you pre-book have been on large "party boats", and this is not exactly our style (we have two teens ;)). Thx!

Thank you everyone for the info.

Has anyone done the Las Caletas Sea Lion Snorkel Adventure or the Las Caletas Hideaway and if so would you recommend it? Is the sea lion visit the only difference between the two?

Thank you everyone for the info.

Has anyone done the Las Caletas Sea Lion Snorkel Adventure or the Las Caletas Hideaway and if so would you recommend it? Is the sea lion visit the only difference between the two?

I did the Las Caletas Hideaway in late 2007 and really enjoyed it. I think we had the option of adding a sea lion swim on the spot, so I wouldn't pay extra for it up front. It was a nice relaxing day for me - I just found a hammock and took a nap in the shade, then woke up in time for lunch. You can snorkel there (the water was a little chilly for me) and there were other activities that I can't recall. I was too lazy to do any of them.:)

We are looking at doing a snorkeling tour in Cabo - has anyone done those and have any thoughts? thanks. We do want one that does ahem adult beverages (after snorkeling of course!).

I did the Ecocat last week and it was very good. Snorkeling, kayaking, unlimited drinks, and a light luch prior to arriving back in Cabo. Just search Ecocat and you'll find all of the details. I reserved online with a credit card that wasn't charged and paid cash ($40) at the pier.

Archived