Restaurants near Pioneer Square (Seattle)

bqkali

Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions for the Pioneer Square area?

Looks like there are plenty to choose from, so I was hoping for some recommendations to narrow it down!

That's a great restaurant neighborhood--so many choices! Can you give us some hints about what kinds of food you like?

That's a great restaurant neighborhood--so many choices! Can you give us some hints about what kinds of food you like?

Gosh, I like everything!

Any "Seattle specialties" I should try? Something unique to the area? Otherwise, I guess my only preference would be for somewhere with quick service - I'll be there around lunchtime and don't want to use up 2 hours of my day eating instead of exploring ;)

Gosh, I like everything!

Any "Seattle specialties" I should try? Something unique to the area? Otherwise, I guess my only preference would be for somewhere with quick service - I'll be there around lunchtime and don't want to use up 2 hours of my day eating instead of exploring ;)

Though it's actually about a mile south of Pioneer Square, I would recommend the Pyramid Ale House across the street from Safeco Field. They have an onsite microbrewery, their food is good and reasonably priced, and their service prompt.

Gosh, I like everything!

I'd combine some exploring with your eating.

Walk up to Uwajimaya Village in the International District (abuts Pioneer Square to the east) and have lunch in their great food court - all sorts of good and inexpensive Asian options - Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese, Korean... plus a couple of great bakeries, bubble tea outlets, and - my fave - a place selling fab Hawaiian plate lunches.

After lunch, walk it off by exploring the Uwajimaya grocery/department store - a Seattle institution. Visit the fish department for the best fish viewing in town, go play "name that vegetable" in the produce section, look for way cool Japanese cooking items, tschotskes, kimonos, books, candy, Hello Kitty cr@p etc. Want something unique and something that shows off Seattle's place in the Pacific Rim? You got it.

http://uwajimaya.com/locations.html#seattle

Though it's actually about a mile south of Pioneer Square, I would recommend the Pyramid Ale House across the street from Safeco Field. They have an onsite microbrewery, their food is good and reasonably priced, and their service prompt.

i would second, third and fourth that! I LOVE Pyramid....try their apricot hefeweizen (sp)....trust me...it is the bEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and i had a GREAT burger there too!)

actually seattle has so may great microbrews,that you get smacked by the locals if you drink Bud or Coors light!:D

Archived