Carnival Cruise Insurance

Hello everyone. My name is Ken. My wife and I are looking into a Carnival Cruise leaving from Tampa in the Jan-Feb 2010 time frame. We will be flying in from Baltimore Maryland. They are predicting a very snowy winter for us up here this winter (they were right about our mild summer so far). We haven't sailed with Carnival yet but are looking forward to trying them out. Usually we cruise in August or September and have never cruised in Jan-Feb.

So, that being said, my question is, does Carnival offer any cruise insurance that covers missing the ship due to flights being cancelled? We would of course fly in a day early but it is not uncommon to get a storm big enough to affect flights from BWI for a few days. This doesn't happen regularly but we would like to be prepared just the same.

I thank you for any advice or information that you guys may be able to offer.

Hey - My name is Ken and I LIVE in Tampa!!

Carnival claims that their Policy covers independently purchased airfare - it's not clearly stated and I'm not sure I'd rely on it. Having said that, I'd suggest the 3rd party Trip Insurance Policies as less expensive and higher coverages and maybe better cancellation coverages you're looking for.

Most 3rd party policies would cover you if your flights are delayed or cancelled. CSA has specific coverage for "missed Connection". checkout the wording in the Policy for CSA Freestyle.

ken

Hi Ken and welcome to the Carnival board:)

Yes Carnival does have insurance that can be bought thru the cruiseline, although lots of people also use insuremytrip . com

I have been using them for years, the prices are better that thru Carnival with many different policies to choose from.

Have a great Carnival trip.

One of the facts I compared on insuremytrip.com was the timing of the policy on flight delays. Some policies don't kick in until the delay lasts 12 hours. Waaaay too long for my comfort level!

Peg

I have always used insuremytrip.com. We always purchase Travelex Travel Lite because it serves as "primary" carrier not secondary.

Also the coverage is better and the rates are cheaper than purchasing through the cruiseline.

If you have any questions, give these guys a call....they are very nice and very easy to work with

Hey - My name is Ken and I LIVE in Tampa!!

Carnival claims that their Policy covers independently purchased airfare - it's not clearly stated and I'm not sure I'd rely on it. Having said that, I'd suggest the 3rd party Trip Insurance Policies as less expensive and higher coverages and maybe better cancellation coverages you're looking for.

Most 3rd party policies would cover you if your flights are delayed or cancelled. CSA has specific coverage for "missed Connection". checkout the wording in the Policy for CSA Freestyle.

ken

Hi Ken - Thanks for the info. I kinda wish we lived in Tampa as well. I am getting tired of the cold weather up here. But you guys keep getting the hurricanes so that is a deterent for me. I'm going to look into your suggestion as well as reply to the others that answered.

A little off the subject but are you a football fan? If so, how do you like your chances this year. I pick Tampa 2nd in the division due to the coaching changes and other things. Same for my Ravens, 2nd to Pittsburgh but due to the coaching changes.

Thanks for the reply, Ken.

Hi Ken and welcome to the Carnival board:)

Yes Carnival does have insurance that can be bought thru the cruiseline, although lots of people also use insuremytrip . com

I have been using them for years, the prices are better that thru Carnival with many different policies to choose from.

Have a great Carnival trip.

Thank you, I am going to look into this. I know this is hard insurance to get but we will cover all bases and go from there. Thank you very much, Ken.

One of the facts I compared on insuremytrip.com was the timing of the policy on flight delays. Some policies don't kick in until the delay lasts 12 hours. Waaaay too long for my comfort level!

Peg

Hi Peg, the 12 hours is important info to know even though we will try to leave the day before the cruise. That is very good info to know. Thank you for your reply, Happy Sailing, Ken.

I have always used insuremytrip.com. We always purchase Travelex Travel Lite because it serves as "primary" carrier not secondary.

Also the coverage is better and the rates are cheaper than purchasing through the cruiseline.

If you have any questions, give these guys a call....they are very nice and very easy to work with

Thank you very much, are you suggesting you get two insurances or are you refering to Travelex as the soal provider? It sounds like you are using one insurance (Travelex) but I guess I need to look into the primary carrier part of it.

Thank you, Ken.

My wife and I always get Ins. put on our cruises. We fly down a couple of days early, but if there were some kind of problem we could drive. If you are flying down a day early and you have an early flight. Could you drive down, I would still do the ins., but just thought it was an idea.

My wife and I always get Ins. put on our cruises. We fly down a couple of days early, but if there were some kind of problem we could drive. If you are flying down a day early and you have an early flight. Could you drive down, I would still do the ins., but just thought it was an idea.

Hi there blue, I'm not opposed to driving it if we had too. I think Suze would go a little nuts if we had to do that. That is probably a 16-18 hour drive.

By the way, I have been in Ohio four times in the last 3 years. I have been to, and so has Suze on a separate occasion, to the Arena District. I did not get to see a Blue Jackets game due to they're schedule. A friend of mine did buy a jersey, I didn't, sorry,I was very taken by the following they have up there. I was also taken by the interest they have with the sport of Hurling (not curling). I was introduced to this sport in an Irish Pub in the Easton Area. Cool to see your post and I thank you for the reply. Ken.

Archived