Zihua/Ixtapa tour ideas

cruisinlawn

wondering what you might suggest? will be spending a week in the area mid-September. Know they have all the water activity, just wondering what else one might do. Also, any suggestions for eats. Looks like a fantastic place...hope so.

The area is , as you guessed, primarily a "water" area, not much IMO, a place to tour. Will you be staying in Ixtapa or Zihuatanejo?...Years ago when we first spent a week in Zihuatanejo, we went to Isla Ixtapa, Los Gatos, a day wandering around Ixtapa beach area, a day on Playa La Ropa...and that filled 4 days. Because we stayed on La Ropa, I guess we spent the rest of the time there. I can make suggestions on where to eat in Zihuatanejo, no help for Ixtapa. Check out www.zihuatanejo.net and go to Rob's message forum to ask questions on where to eat in Ixtapa.

will be in Zihua, staying at The Tides, formerly Villa del Sol. Thanks for any info on eats. Yep, I found Rob's board from a previous post. What an excellent source for info. Thanks again.

Ask you're "eating" question on Rob's board, you'll get a lot more information that I will give...I tend to eat at the same places. (I eat lunch at Paty's everyday because that is where we stay during the day) There has been talk on the board that the Tides is not as good as VDS was...

• 2 weeks later...

That is a great website. Thank you for posting it. The maps especially helped me get the "lay of the land". I am assuming the cruise ships tender into Zihuatanau when the itinerary says Ixtapa (Zihuatanau)? Near Playa Del Puerto? How do you get from there to Playa del Ropa?

That is a great website. Thank you for posting it. The maps especially helped me get the "lay of the land". I am assuming the cruise ships tender into Zihuatanau when the itinerary says Ixtapa (Zihuatanau)? Near Playa Del Puerto? How do you get from there to Playa del Ropa?

It's easy to get to Playa la Ropa, just hop in a taxi and pay the driver 30 pesos or 3 dollars and have him drop you off at Paty's Marymar. (if you go to the far end of the beach, it's 35 pesos) As I tell everybody, if you grab a taxi at the little parking lot at the end of the pier they may want to charge you a lot more, just walk down (right) towards the basketball court and the cabs there all know it's 30 pesos (if you walk left, you'll fall in the water....)

It's easy to get to Playa la Ropa, just hop in a taxi and pay the driver 30 pesos or 3 dollars and have him drop you off at Paty's Marymar. (if you go to the far end of the beach, it's 35 pesos) As I tell everybody, if you grab a taxi at the little parking lot at the end of the pier they may want to charge you a lot more, just walk down (right) towards the basketball court and the cabs there all know it's 30 pesos (if you walk left, you'll fall in the water....)

Thanks! I'll try not to fall in the water.;)

Archived