Asian Breakfast and Cova Cafe questions

Mrs007

Can anyone tell me what exactly is on the Asian breakfast buffet in the Oceanview Cafe?

Also, is there a charge for the Tapas in the afternoon in the Cova Cafe?

I can't speak specifically of the Tapas, but while Cova has always charged for all of their drinks, and I have never seen a charge for any of Cova's food item [sandwiches, pastries, cake, cookies, etc].

I was on the Connie and all the non-beverage items were no charge. Regarding the Asian breakfast, there was congee(rice porridge) and some assorted dim sum (pork, shrimp, maybe a pork bun).

I haven't left my cabin for breakfasts( except Main dining room the last morning) for my last 4 cruises. This is interesting..... is it available every morning? Just for some variety, rather than the same style ( room service ) for 13 days straight.

I haven't left my cabin for breakfasts( except Main dining room the last morning) for my last 4 cruises. This is interesting..... is it available every morning? Just for some variety, rather than the same style ( room service ) for 13 days straight.

First I must admit I never ate the food, but yes, it was there everyday. On the Connie, the "Asian" breakfast was towards the very back on the right hand side.

If you like staying in your room, you might want to ask them to send up some congee for you in the future.

I was on the Connie and all the non-beverage items were no charge. Regarding the Asian breakfast, there was congee(rice porridge) and some assorted dim sum (pork, shrimp, maybe a pork bun).

The Asian breakfast on the Connie also featured garlic beef, spicy tofu, sticky rice, eggs with peanut sauce and bok choi.

Even though I am not Oriental, I liked it a lot!

The Asian breakfast on the Connie also featured garlic beef, spicy tofu, sticky rice, eggs with peanut sauce and bok choi.

Even though I am not Oriental, I liked it a lot!

This is a good selection......... thanks for posting.

Atanger...... congee has to be piping hot to be good, room service would have a hard time delivering that, and I do not expect them to. Right hand side at the back... that would be where they serve sushi in the evenings.

I make my entire breakfast out of the pork buns they have for breakfast, they remind me of the ones my Taiwanese friend makes. Shame I can't get them here, looking forward to that on my next cruise!

Archived