flybmi

hellokitty49

I haven't flown on that particular route with them but I have flown on several domestic UK routes and have never had any complaints. They are part of Star Alliance so you should be eligible to collect *A miles if you collect them. You may have heard of them under their previous name of British Midland?

I haven't flown on that particular route with them but I have flown on several domestic UK routes and have never had any complaints. They are part of Star Alliance so you should be eligible to collect *A miles if you collect them. You may have heard of them under their previous name of British Midland?

Are they extremely strict regarding carry on luggage? I'd like to bring a rolling tote and carry a backpack. Do you think this would be acceptable?

Janet

Are they extremely strict regarding carry on luggage? I'd like to bring a rolling tote and carry a backpack. Do you think this would be acceptable?

Janet

I eventually found the "official" view on hand luggage.

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/flight-and-airport-info/pre-travel/baggage-advice/baggage-advice.aspx

I don't know how strict they will be - the last time I travelled I was in Business class so was OK with my 2 pieces of hand luggage, one of which was a laptop bag.

Business 2 pieces - max size 55x40x23cm, plus one personal item*

Premium Economy**1 piece - max size 55x40x23cm, plus one personal item*

Economy1 piece - max size 55x40x23cm, plus one personal item*

*You must be able to lift your cabin bag unaided into the overhead locker. You may take into the cabin one personal item such as a small handbag, purse, small briefcase, laptop (in a thin satchel) or baby-changing bag. Personal items are accepted at bmi's discretion.

Anyone had experience with flybmi? We are flying flybmi from Amsterdam to Southampton and just wanted to know if anyone had any experience.

I'd double check your ticket, but I think you'll find you're not flying "Fly BMI" as they don't operate into SOU at all. If you have a closer look, you'll probably find you're on FLYBE a completely different airline, and the only one that flies AMS-SOU. That being said, they are one of the better (from reviews) low-cost airlines in Europe. More info can be found at their website http://www.flybe.com

The other possibility is that you are on BMI, but you're flying AMS to LHR/London Heathrow, not SOU/Southampton, in which case you'll need to look at getting from LHR to Southampton (generally the National Express Coach is the easiest).

I did find the carry-on luggage limitations a bit harsh, however, I followed them. Unlike in the U.S. airlines, British airlines tend to adhere to the rules (until recently you could only have ONE carry-on -- either a purse OR small case. . . I had to hide my purse inside my carry-on).

I'd double check your ticket, but I think you'll find you're not flying "Fly BMI" as they don't operate into SOU at all. If you have a closer look, you'll probably find you're on FLYBE a completely different airline, and the only one that flies AMS-SOU. That being said, they are one of the better (from reviews) low-cost airlines in Europe. More info can be found at their website www.flybe.com

The other possibility is that you are on BMI, but you're flying AMS to LHR/London Heathrow, not SOU/Southampton, in which case you'll need to look at getting from LHR to Southampton (generally the National Express Coach is the easiest).

You are absolutely correct. We are flying Flybe from AMS-SOU and BMI AMS TO LHR. Glad to hear they are one of the better. Getting to SOU on time is important in order to board the ship.

Just to clarify...........I am allowed to bring a backpack (under the seat in front) and a rolling tote (overhead bin) correct?

Janet

You are absolutely correct. We are flying Flybe from AMS-SOU and BMI AMS TO LHR. Glad to hear they are one of the better. Getting to SOU on time is important in order to board the ship.

Just to clarify...........I am allowed to bring a backpack (under the seat in front) and a rolling tote (overhead bin) correct?

Janet

Flybe allow a hand baggage allowance of 1 bag weighing up to 10Kg into the aircraft cabin.

Each bag carried in the aircraft hold will be charged at the prevailing rate at the time of purchase. Flybe offer a discounted, non-refundable rate for the first bag paid for on Flybe.com in advance. The current rate is EUR19.00, or EUR12.00 for the first bag booked on flybe.com.
The combined weight of all bags must not exceed 20Kg.

Just be careful how much you carry

Archived