Rum Runners!

sappygirl

Sorry if this has been asked before but there are so many threads about it I don't have the time to search them all. All I was wanting to know if you can purchase them like at liquor stores or what have you, rather than having to order them online? I try to avoid online shopping when I can. Any info would be appreciated.

I was going to get these, but then I saw a lot of posts that just say to purchase alcohol in plastic bottles and put it in your checked luggage and usually there are no problems. :confused:

I'm also planning on packing a couple of 4-pks of Guiness for my husband.

We plan on getting soda cards for our kids and my husband and DOD card(s) for me. Plus, I'll be drinking those two bottles of wine we can carry on. :D

I was going to get these, but then I saw a lot of posts that just say to purchase alcohol in plastic bottles and put it in your checked luggage and usually there are no problems. :confused:

The only alcohol sold in plastic bottles is the stuff that eats through glass. :eek:

LOL

I ordered mine online on Monday. It's an https site for the CC transaction. It's very safe. Mine arrived on Wednesday and I didn't do the expedited shipping either. Their customer service is tops!! I can't wait to officially use them.

The only alcohol sold in plastic bottles is the stuff that eats through glass. :eek:

LOL

You might be right. I remember having some really cheap tequila in a plastic jug. :D I'm not a big buyer of liquor so I have no idea what comes in plastic bottles.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will check into the website. I do order stuff online but prefer to buy locally if at all possible. These days you almost have to order everything online. :( I am the type who likes to check out what I am buying. I guess I am just getting old.:eek::D

Not meant to hi-jack but a related question. Do the rum runners have to be put into checked bags? We are thinking of going with just carry ons for our cruise. Would it be ok to put the rum runners in the carry on or would this be too risky?

Not meant to hi-jack but a related question. Do the rum runners have to be put into checked bags? We are thinking of going with just carry ons for our cruise. Would it be ok to put the rum runners in the carry on or would this be too risky?

The risk would be if they open up your bag because of something else they see, or because you act nervous (because you are standing there and know what is in them!)

I'm not sure of the real answer to your question BUT you did just nail my very best excuse for overpacking:D

Archived