Weather in Canada

I don't think any of the answers were rude. The questions were kind of funny. That would be the same as a Canadian asking what's the weather in the United States?

It's amazing how Canadians seem to know a lot about the US, but it certainly is not the same reversed. Us Canadians certainly are not a rude nation.

If you look back at the first post, the OP referred to the Carnival Triumph itinerary - which many of us know on here means the Maritimes. So no, he didn't specify location in Canada - it's infered by the itinerary. I had a laugh at the poster that sarcastically mused how someone could think the weather in NYC would be much different than "up here in Canada". If they actually thought the weather here in the Maritimes is the same as NYC, they show as much ignorance as the ignorance they are implying of the OP. Not sure how tourists are treated in other parts of Canada, but I know here we show our city off with pride and treat them as best we can as we value them. I don't see how it is productive to denigrate them with the same tired urban myths of Americans showing up with skis on their roof. Not a good way to welcome people ...

If you look back at the first post, the OP referred to the Carnival Triumph itinerary - which many of us know on here means the Maritimes. So no, he didn't specify location in Canada - it's infered by the itinerary. I had a laugh at the poster that sarcastically mused how someone could think the weather in NYC would be much different than "up here in Canada". If they actually thought the weather here in the Maritimes is the same as NYC, they show as much ignorance as the ignorance they are implying of the OP. Not sure how tourists are treated in other parts of Canada, but I know here we show our city off with pride and treat them as best we can as we value them. I don't see how it is productive to denigrate them with the same tired urban myths of Americans showing up with skis on their roof. Not a good way to welcome people ...

Well put Acey!!! Just checking in from Copenhagen where we will be boarding the Eurodam on Saturday.

To give you a serious response that isn't full of sarcasm, Atlantic Canada this summer has definitely been very wet and humid. Typically summer is betyween 60 - 80 averaging around 70ish. Your best bet for clothing is layers and make sure you have a raincoat or unbrella if you are travelling this year. Depending on where you live and what sort of weather you are accustomed to you should be fine in the summer as long as you have a light coat or sweater/sweatshirt to put on in case you get cold.

Typically in the summer a jacket is only needed in the morning and evening.

If you pack prepared for layering, you'll be fine. Enjoy your cruise.

So sorry, I guess I must be the only one that did not know the itinerary .

Archived