Kids S&S accounts?

gill_boo

Hi everyone,

My next cruise will be a first for me with my step-kids. So I have a quick question. I know "all" S&S accounts are required to have a certain amount of money put on them or be linked to a credit card. Is this also required of children's accounts? I don't really want a 10 and 13 year old having charging privileges. We plan on buying them a soda card the first day and then they won't have to worry about buying drinks. Please let me know what my options are with a kids S&S account.

Thanks!

We've never sailed on Carnival with our son, but we were able to remove the charging capability of his card with Princess, Disney, and Holland America. I think we even did that online as we were filling out our boarding documents. Hope that this is the same for Carnival!

My kids are grown but my sister has two 10 & 12 and she removes their ability to charge. When they buy their stuff they give my sister some of their vacation money and she puts it on her card. This way they see their money going and are careful how they spend it. If they want memory junk/toys they need to buy it. They save all year for their vacation money.

Hello!

I put a limit on each of my kid's S&S cards. I put $30 on each of them, but they only used about $10 each (on candy!) You just go to the purser's desk and tell them the limit and which child's name and they take care of it very quickly.

Have a great cruise :)

Yes, you can put a limit on their charging or take it off completely. When our kids were younger we took the charging off - as they are now teenagers we allow them to charge but put a limit on it. They know the limit when they get on the ship and so far we haven't had any trouble. A friend of mine did not do this and her pre-teen used his card up to $200 at the arcade on a four day Disney Cruise before she checked his folio number. I would not have been very happy!

Archived