Princess dumps continental

skf

:mad: We had booked my brother a flight on CO from ANC>>SEA>>EWR>>MHT by Princess custom air. They called to tell us that they had divorced CO & rescheduled him on Alaska/United ANC>>SEA>>IAD>>MHT.

We objected that we had paid for customization & the agent went to the boss & got the custom charge removed. Don't mind paying $50 for a service, but for nothing, not willing to pay.

Is this change everywhere, or just on our route?

Steve

:mad: We had booked my brother a flight on CO from ANC>>SEA>>EWR>>MHT by Princess custom air. They called to tell us that they had divorced CO & rescheduled him on Alaska/United ANC>>SEA>>IAD>>MHT.

We objected that we had paid for customization & the agent went to the boss & got the custom charge removed. Don't mind paying $50 for a service, but for nothing, not willing to pay.

Is this change everywhere, or just on our route?

Steve

I doubt it's everywhere. Cruise lines will contract to whichever airline will give them the best deal. I suspect the reasoning is the sudden unavailability of one of the legs, or re-schedule by the airline so the connection doesn't work any more, so they needed to book a new routing.

A few years ago the same thing happened to me. I was told by Princess that they ""no longer had a contract with Continental" just a few weeks before we were to depart on our cruise. At that time I was led to understand that they were not using Continental flights at all and that it did not just relate to my particular flights.

Archived