Balmoral Entertainment

DAN 60

Jacqueline Waugh was the entertainment in the observatory she was very good. However a man only known as Fletch was our piano singer in the

morning light pub. He,s not shore if he want,s to be a quiz master or a singer but fails at both. When you go for your pre dinner drink you don,t want a quiz, if you get Three numbers out of him in half an hour your Lucky or not.

It,s the main shows in the Neptune lounge that are my main complaint.

All very dated now.

I still don't understand, unless your cruise was different from ours. In the main lounge we had show company about half the time (and I can understand, perhaps, how that could become samey) but we also had a comedian, lady singer and magician onboard who did the other shows. Now, because these acts only do a few weeks, their slots ought to be more refreshing (so to say). Did you not have any of these guest acts on your cruise?

Perhaps they mean British night ,or red,white and blue night, where all nationalities on board can join in.

Otherwise FO entertainment is on a parr with most other ships ,in fact markidly better than some,if not as spectacular as american ships.:)

Perhaps. Can understand the RWB night. We thought it a bit twee. Mind you, our children have changed it for us this year. They want to wear county rugby shirts and they have bought county flags for us (and two spares to leave on their places on our dining table for whoever sits there on the second sitting, along with a pack of locally made goodies!) Hope they have a sense of humour!

Perhaps. Can understand the RWB night. We thought it a bit twee. Mind you, our children have changed it for us this year. They want to wear county rugby shirts and they have bought county flags for us (and two spares to leave on their places on our dining table for whoever sits there on the second sitting, along with a pack of locally made goodies!) Hope they have a sense of humour!

Hey there Kez,

What is RWB night and what does it involve normally? Sounds fun to take something a bit different to wear - I like your kid's idea.

Red, white and blue night is a "theme" night in which you are asked to wear these colours. It is sometimes called British night which can be a trifle embarassing when, as on my last cruise on this ship, there is a large number of non-British passengers. Red, white and blue is a much better title as it covers American, French, and Dutch passengers (and several others) too.

Red, white and blue night is a "theme" night in which you are asked to wear these colours. It is sometimes called British night which can be a trifle embarassing when, as on my last cruise on this ship, there is a large number of non-British passengers. Red, white and blue is a much better title as it covers American, French, and Dutch passengers (and several others) too.

True it is Red, White and Blue night, but last time we were told that if anyone was on from any other country,they should feel free to wear their patriotic colours - hence the children going for our county colours and flag which they are very proud of.

Sling shot - people wear red white and blue and FO gave out plastic flags on the door of the neptune lounge for people who wanted to add to their themeing. The singer sang old songs, like Tipperary, for an hour before the main show and it was all a bit of twee fun. Possibly worth getting a few beers in a bit earlier that night (and hiding any camera which might get anywhere near facebook!). Best outfit I saw was a guy in bowler hat and umberella! (Looked like Mr Benn the cartoon man. Remember him?)

True it is Red, White and Blue night, but last time we were told that if anyone was on from any other country,they should feel free to wear their patriotic colours - hence the children going for our county colours and flag which they are very proud of.

Sling shot - people wear red white and blue and FO gave out plastic flags on the door of the neptune lounge for people who wanted to add to their themeing. The singer sang old songs, like Tipperary, for an hour before the main show and it was all a bit of twee fun. Possibly worth getting a few beers in a bit earlier that night (and hiding any camera which might get anywhere near facebook!). Best outfit I saw was a guy in bowler hat and umberella! (Looked like Mr Benn the cartoon man. Remember him?)

LMFAO.. Mr Benn.. Awesome. Real blast from my early childhood. That's a pretty cool idea. My girlfriend has gone nuts looking for ideas though when she talked about dressing as a chav in a tracksuit I had to bring her back to reality (she was joking though thank goodness. :) ).

So you don't have to wear the colours, you can just dress in a British style and it will be ok?

You should wear red, white and blue but I doubt they have the clothes police on duty on theme nights and so long as you grab a british flag to theme you, you'll be fine. It certainly isn't fancy dress, so you were right in saying no to the shell suit.

We hit a problem on tropical night because we were told last year it was to be western night and went fully kitted out with everything cowboy (including our yeeeehaaa cry) and then, when we boarded, it had been changed to tropical night. All we could do was wear summer casual to dinner and grab a free flower thingy (that they wear in Hawaii) from the show entrance to theme us and no one batted an eyelid.

I view these evenings less as pedantic colourways and more as fun casual wear nights but with respect for the theme (i.e grab the flag or flower thing or shout yeehaa depending).

I doubt they have the clothes police on duty on theme nights and so long as you grab a british flag to theme you, you'll be fine. It isn't fancy dress, so you were right in saying no to the shell suit.

We hit a problem on tropical night because we were told last year it was to be western night and went fully kitted out with everything cowboy (including our yeeeehaaa cry) and then, when we boarded, it had been changed to tropical night. All we could do was wear summer casual to dinner and grab a free flower thingy (that they wear in Hawaii) from the show entrance to theme us and no one batted an eyelid.

I view these evenings less as pedantic colourways and more as fun casual wear nights but with respect for the theme (i.e grab the flag or flower thing or shout yeehaa depending).

Ah what a shame.. Nothing worse than spending time picking up all the gear and then not being able to use it!

I think your right about the intent of those nights. Be nice to be able to relax somewhat on a night like that and have some fun.

My husband was determind he wasn,t going to be made a fool of ,so I just got him to wear his red braces and his Jeans ,fitted in perfectly.

In fact the Dutch contingent took over and we all ended up singing Tulips from Amsterdam.:D

Archived