Booked our air from ATL-MIA-ATL

NSBFloridaRetiree

Just booked our return flights for $167.21 for our February 12th cruise out of Miami. I'd been waiting for prices to drop and they did today. So, we're all booked - flights, hotel the day before and the cruise itself.

I've done my part. Now my wife takes over and arranges the excursions,ship activities and the rest.

Shop and be patient.

Implicit in your posting is that you were watching fares and waiting for a lower price. In your case it came along and you grabbed it. And you are suggesting that as a strategy for others.

Recognize that for every time where the fare goes down when you wait, there are probably an equal or greater number of times when the price does nothing but increase. Waiting may or may not be a profitable way to play the game, but it is NOT the sure thing.

Simple rule. Do your research. Know what fares in that market are, for the times/dates you are traveling. When you see a price that you consider to be a good one, take it. And when you see the curve rising, get in while you can.

Implicit in your posting is that you were watching fares and waiting for a lower price. In your case it came along and you grabbed it. And you are suggesting that as a strategy for others.

Recognize that for every time where the fare goes down when you wait, there are probably an equal or greater number of times when the price does nothing but increase. Waiting may or may not be a profitable way to play the game, but it is NOT the sure thing.

Simple rule. Do your research. Know what fares in that market are, for the times/dates you are traveling. When you see a price that you consider to be a good one, take it. And when you see the curve rising, get in while you can.

True. I had a price in mind and grabbed it when it came available. I do like to have our arrangements booked well in advance and hate to book at the last minute and not have scheduling and fare flexibility.

Archived