Info on Phill Lafayette

mathgal

I am in the preliminary planning stages for a family cruise next summer. We (just DH and I) have been to Ochos Rios on a cruise a couple of years ago and did a tour with Peat Taylor which we enjoyed. Since I have read so many great reviews about Phil Lafaette I was considering doing his tour on our upcoming cruise.

Although Dunns River Falls was fun, I wasn't impressed with the huge crowds which we had to deal with. I have read that Phil can take you to his "private waterfall"...can anyone give me more information on that? Do you just look at the falls or is it similar to Dunns River where you can actually get in and enjoy the water? I wouldn't mind skipping Dunns River this time but going to another waterfall sounded like a nice alternative.

Another question...I've also read lots of reviews that Phil takes his tours to an outdoor restaurant. I assume this isn't the Ruins that I've seen mentioned from other tours? Can anyone give me any more information on the restaurant that Phil goes to...cost? type of food? buffet? location?

I don't know about the private waterfall but I can give you the name of the restaurant as it appears on my credit card receipt--Bibibip's Bar and Grill. It is a sit down type of place where a waiter takes your order and brings the food to your table. I can't really tell you where it is as I don't know much about the area. We went there after river tubing. The building is on a hillside overlooking the water and a beach--very nice view.

I can give you the name of the restaurant as it appears on my credit card receipt--Bibibip's Bar and Grill.

Do you recall what you had to eat and the cost? After reading your reply I did some online searching and have found that Bibibips hasn't gotten the greatest reviews. Several people mentioned that they had "surcharges" added to their bill (up to 25%) and they ended up paying much more than they expected.

Are there other restaurants that anyone could recommend?

Archived