Where to stay in Galveston?

wildcats82

We stayed at The Galvez for a wedding this past weekend and I was surprised to see they are renovating the hotel again. We stayed on the 2nd floor which was recently renovated. It has new carpeting, all new furniture...kind of surprised at the furniture because it's very contemporary...a big switch from the traditional furniture they've had for a while. New beds, bedding, etc. The bathrooms remained the same except for new light fixtures and mirrors. It was a nice surprise! The hotel employees said they are renovating one floor at a time and should be finished in about a year. BTW...we also had a great time at the wedding and reception that were both held at the hotel. Their staff really does a great job!

I believe

certain floors supposely have that contemporary style!

I have a feeling all the floors are going to look like that when they're finished. My daughter stayed on the 3rd floor and it had not been refurbished yet. They are currently working on the 5th floor...all the windows are boarded up. The lady at the desk said they would go down to the 4th and 3rd after that. It does look nice though...it's also got a big flat screen TV that sits on top of a dresser. There's no way the TV's would fit in the old armoire that was in each room. I checked out the Wyndham website for The Galvez and there are no pictures of the rooms posted yet. Guess we'll wait and see!

Archived