Formal Night

virtuigs

We are doing Disney with our 3 year old and this will be her first time cruising. Hubby and I have been on other lines before, but this will be our first Disney cruise.

Dressing up - I'm kind of over it. At this point in time on a vacation I want to relax and be casual. I do not feel like bringing formal/semi-formal wear and having to don it.

Is there something else we can do or somewhere else we can eat or get our meal without having to dress up?

Thanks.

We are doing Disney with our 3 year old and this will be her first time cruising. Hubby and I have been on other lines before, but this will be our first Disney cruise.

Dressing up - I'm kind of over it. At this point in time on a vacation I want to relax and be casual. I do not feel like bringing formal/semi-formal wear and having to don it.

Is there something else we can do or somewhere else we can eat or get our meal without having to dress up?

Thanks.

I see you are on the 3 day Wonder. No need for formal clothes. The 3 day is the least formal of all the DCL cruises.

I wore dockers and a caribbean shirt all 3 nights on our 3 day cruise in April and all was well.:)

Bill

I just wanted to thank you for asking about alternative dining options for people who want to dress casually. Too many people just ignore the guidelines, and IMHO it's just rude. In answer to your question, the buffet is casual all the time, room service is available at no charge (except tip), and there are "take-out" style stands that serve pizza, hot dogs & burgers. The official guideline for the 3-night Wonder is:

• One cruise casual night—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
  • One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
  • One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women

That said, many people do dress more casually overall on the short sailings, and no one is turned away from the regular dining rooms for attire.

How formal or informal are the semi-formal nights on the 7 day Magic cruises? I was going to bring a sports jacket, shirt and tie since I would also need them for Palo's.

Thanks and have a great next cruise.

What you plan to bring is just fine. There are those who dress really fancy (tuxes and ballgowns) and others who choose to wear Dockers. Just refrain from PJs and shorts and you'll be fine! Have fun!:D

Archived