princess.com different users price difference

sveipe

So today I booked a cruise for December 2009,

If I sign in as myself, the price for a mini suite is $200 cheaper that if my wife signs in and searches for exactly the same cruise.

We have tried several times, from different computers, but always the same result.

We have exactly the same number of cruises in our cruise history in my profile, exactly the same credits, any ideas why we get the price difference?

Staale

So today I booked a cruise for December 2009,

If I sign in as myself, the price for a mini suite is $200 cheaper that if my wife signs in and searches for exactly the same cruise.

We have tried several times, from different computers, but always the same result.

We have exactly the same number of cruises in our cruise history in my profile, exactly the same credits, any ideas why we get the price difference?

Staale

And if you enter your sister's number you may get a third price. Or a neighbor's. I have never been able to figure this out, but I do get the best price that I find. Just ask for it.

The only thing that I can think of when 2 Captains Circle members, with the same # of past cruises ,same state , ages , are seeing different promo rates , is "mailings". Those members that were mailed that promo will see that promo rate . Those that were not mailed that promo , won't.

I ran into this many times when I was a TA. A call to your TA or to Princess will usually get Princess to fudge your record and get the promo rate despite not getting the letter.

We've had something similar happen to us before. We booked a cruise with me as the #1 passenger on the booking and my wife as the #2. Later my wife got a promo in the mail for the same cruise. Our TA called to have the promo applied but they couldn't because I was #1 on the booking and the promo was in her name. It was easy enough to fix though, they simply made her the #1 passenger on the booking and then they were able to apply it.

Well, we called Princess, and got the same price for the second stateroom (have two FCC we wanted to use, that's why we are in different staterooms). They claimed that the price just happen to go up between the bookings. This is of course not the case, since it is still available for the cheaper rate if i search for it today. But since we got what we needed, we just left it at that and carried on.

It was so funny to see this posting because the same thing happened to us last week. When I sign in I get one price and when my partner signs in he gets a higher price. Now we only have one short Princess sailing under our belts, but I will say though that calling Princess did not afford us the best price...the website had the best price for us and they didn't seem to want to honor anything better over the phone.

Archived