What Was Your Favorite Cabin?

Hawaii697

My DH and I are excited about our upcoming cruise on the Liberty. Normally I'm not one to choose my cabin, I let Carnival assign our cabin. On our 2005 cruise on board the Destiny, Carnival assigned us 9214 on the Lido deck. To me, that was the absolute perfect cabin. We booked a suite on our 2007 cruise and I enjoyed the extra's, but when we booked our 2009 cruise, we chose 9294 which is in the same location. The good thing was the price dropped to what we would have paid for an 8B anyway, so the price worked in our favor as well.

What was your favorite cabin? :cool:

Mini suite on the Diamond Princess-don't remember number- it was fabulous

Runner-up M188 on the Holiday- aft cabin, handicapped cabin-huge bathroom

7325 on Victory

Worst 6400 on Conquest (right over disco)

V5 on Fantasy (right under free weight area of gym)

Our mid-ship balcony cabin on our last cruise aboard the Princess Sapphire.

It was totally unexpected.....we had booked a partially obstructed OV and when we checked in were informed that we had been upgraded to a balcony.

One nice thing about Princess---they don't do the upsell thing (I don't think) but once in awhile you can get a terrific out-of-the-blue upgrade.

Victory Spa Deck #1111

Converted family style rooms through the last dry dock. Probably would not get same cabin number again, as many people thought since the Spa was on the 11th deck that the Spa Number should be 1111, just like other services phone numbers on board.

Afew years back, we booked our first balcony, BL, on the Triumph. Long story short, we wound up with an extended aft (now an 8G) on the Veranda deck. This was one of the only two next to the 9A's, not only being deeper, but 1/3 wider!

We liked it so much, we had booked the same type on the Valor, and our next cruise on the Freedom. I'd be hard pressed to even accept a free upgrade to a suite, just because of the size of these balconies. Now if I were offered a 9A wrap...........:rolleyes:

Our Aft balcony cabin on the Victory last March. The views were awesome and I liked the location a lot. We have a 9A on the Freedom in October so I am sure that will be nice. Also looking forward to our Cat 11 Aft Wrap on the Spirit next year for Alaska.

I really don't like the Oceanview cabins we have had on the Fascination. I can deal without having a balcony, but I don't like not having a sofa. Also that "Rail" that goes around the whole room is awful. It is right in my back if I try to sit up on the bed. I find that I do like to spend time in my cabin so it does bother me.

My DH and I are excited about our upcoming cruise on the Liberty. Normally I'm not one to choose my cabin, I let Carnival assign our cabin. On our 2005 cruise on board the Destiny, Carnival assigned us 9214 on the Lido deck. To me, that was the absolute perfect cabin. We booked a suite on our 2007 cruise and I enjoyed the extra's, but when we booked our 2009 cruise, we chose 9294 which is in the same location. The good thing was the price dropped to what we would have paid for an 8B anyway, so the price worked in our favor as well.

What was your favorite cabin? :cool:

Lido Deck cabin 9191 on the Destiny in 2000. Loved it.

The two other great cabins were:

4179 Miracle in 2005 - mid-ship and one flight of stairs down to the lobby.

8279 Destiny 2008 - one flight up to the Lido deck buffet and aft pool bar.:D

My two favorite were a Cat 12 on the Ectasy, and the 9a aft wrap on the Conquest. Our neighbors had the L shaped next to us. That was very nice and it was only a Cat 8a. For the money it was great, especially since we opened the balcony dividers and we had on HUGE balcony.

When traveling with dh and family we usually book a balcony - but nothing beats those 1As with the 2 windows when I travelled as a solo! Amazing - 2462 or 2465 (or their equivalents) - on the Liberty, Triumph and Glory - great price for a solo with a large cabin and 2 oceanview windows - what more could you ask for!

Alas on most ships these have now been converted to 6B's :( what a bummer! Guess I will have to try a porthole cabin next?

P.S. Second best was the HC cabin I ended up in on one of my Miracle cruises - also solo - 4207 I think? (last minute booking!) Huge cabin - one window - and a locker room size bathroom and shower- wow! With an automatic cabin door that once unlocked would open and then close on its own - once you were inside - about 10 seconds later?

Some of my favorites...

Balcony:

-Legend 7258 (sailed twice). Available on all Spirit-class ships. 6232 is the same. Regular balcony room, but balcony is 3 times as long.

Suites:

-Imagination S1 -- if you're lucky enough to sail in this cabin, life's good! We even missed a port, so it ended up being a 5-night cruise to Cayman -- no worries in that suite!

-Fascination S1 -- again, the best suite in the Carnival fleet

Inside:

-Valor 6305. Any of those square-shaped inside cabins in the middle hallway of Upper Deck are excellent. They seem much larger than standard interior cabins due to their configuration.

Cabins to Avoid:

-Any cabin that is a modified or wheelchair accessible cabin. If you don't need one, avoid them. Sure, they're a bit larger, but there is also no lip in the shower, so water drains into a drain at the entrance of the bathroom. This leads to a rather wet situation after a week.

-Upper Deck Balconies or Inside cabins near the aft staircase on Destiny, Triumph, and Conquest-class ships. These are above the Piano Bar and/or nightclub and are EXTREMELY loud.

Favorite Decks for cabins:

Fantasy Class: Empress -- no noise issues, and convenient to the rest of the ship; Verandah -- great for pool and love the observation deck at the front of this deck

Destiny / Triumph / Conquest class: Empress -- great to be sandwiched in between two passenger decks. Upper deck is prone to noise from Promenade below unless you pick out a good location. Verandah deck is prone to noise from deck chairs above.

Spirit Class: Verandah (Deck 7) -- Just love this deck. Again, insulated from noise unlike Panorama deck above. Quick 2 flights of stairs up to pool deck, and gravity can take you down the stairs to all the activities below. Ample elevators on the Spirit-class make for an easy time transiting this ship, in general.

They all look alike to me. Same beds...same phone...same tv....I really don't care what cabin I have.

Very true statement for the items that you mentioned. But....balcony size, location of the cabin and the general layout do make a difference - for some.

Archived