Naples Metro Tickets ??

Coolcruise02

I'm trying to figure out of we purchase a Sunday all day pass for 2.60€ if it is good for the Circumvesuviana to Pompeii and the metro around Naples. Has anyone used the all day pass? Is it good for both lines?

Thanks for any help!

Well, that is what I thought also but, if you go to the Metro website they show the Circumvesuviana lines on the map and list them as a "suburban" route. Also, the picture of the ticket (Unico Napoli) is the same as the tickets we used last year to go to Pompeii. (I still had my ticket and I checked)

Anyone????

I did a little digging around and found that there is a Unico Campania ticket that can be used on either line. However, it's a 3-day tourist ticket and costs 20 Euro. I can't find a one day option.

The one day optional card asks for beginning and ending points. I suppose you could put in Naples as your starting point and Pompei, or Sorrento, or whatever for you ending points and still use it within Naples, although I didn't see anything that explicitly said that.

http://www.unicocampania.it/ita/3t.htm

I've posted on another site that is loaded with Italy experts to see if we can find more information on these tickets.

http://slowtalk.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc&s=759607521&f=862600685&m=134102933&r=134102933#134102933

Go half way down this page and when you see the picture of the ticket it lists 2.60€ for all day Saturday and Sunday.

http://www.urbanrail.net/eu/nap/napoli.htm

Then a little further down under "links" it lists Circumvesuviana and if you click on it and go to that site the have the "Unico" ticket shown.

In case you didn't go to the link provided above, to Slowtrav, here is the full response from the resident expert on Italy transportation:

Yes, there is still a ONE DAY Unicocampania zone ticket, valid for unlimited travel after 10:00 a.m. on most busses and local trains (including the Circumvesuviana rail to Sorrento). On the weekends (Saturday or Sunday), the ONE DAY ticket is actually valid for 24 hours (on Saturday or Sunday).

HINT: If you're travelling Monday through Friday, and want to get started BEFORE 10 a.m., simply buy two one-way tickets. You are allowed to take public transportation in Naples to reach the Circumvesuviana station on the same ticket. For Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi, you'll need to buy the Unicocampania Fascia 5 zone ticket (3.30 Euros one-way, valid 140 minutes; 6.60 Euros ONE DAY). For Pompei, the Fascia 3 zone ticket (2.40 Euros one-way, valid 100 minutes; 4.60 Euros ONE DAY).

If you buy the ONE DAY ticket, you are required to note the origination and destination cities on the ticket itself (e.g. Napoli/Sorrento). This allows ticket controllers to more easily determine whether you've purchased the correct ticket.

There is also an UNICONAPOLI ticket for the City of Naples/Pozzuoli (1.10 Euros one-way, valid 90 minutes; 3.10 Euros ONE DAY). This ticket is also valid on the Naples funiculars.

BEWARE: With the one-way ticket, you are allowed only ONE trip on each metro line and funicular line within the City of Naples, together with ONE trip on each Circumvesuviana line. You can also take one or more busses with the one-way ticket.

BEWARE: With the one-way ticket, do NOT board a connecting train or bus once the ticket's maximum stated time has expired.

Here are the complete rules (in Italian only):

Biglietto Orario (one-way ticket):

Utilizzabile nell’ambito della validità per uno spostamento da un Comune di fascia verso Napoli (o viceversa). Consente l’utilizzo combinato di autobus, filobus, funicolari, tram e treni del servizio urbano di Napoli e dei servizi extraurbani delle Aziende aderenti al Consorzio UnicoCampania. Per i Comuni ricadenti nelle aree suburbane dei capoluoghi di Provincia, consente l’utilizzo dei servizi suburbani delle Aziende aderenti. Consente una sola corsa su ogni linea su ferro delle Aziende aderenti al Consorzio. Su Metronapoli, consente una sola corsa: sulla Funicolare di Mergellina, su una delle altre 3 Funicolari e su ogni linea di metropolitana. E’ necessario convalidarlo su ogni mezzo utilizzato. Per mancanza o avaria delle apposite apparecchiature, sui treni rivolgersi al Capotreno, sui bus convalidare a mano. Una volta convalidato il biglietto è personale e incedibile. Il biglietto deve essere conservato fino all’uscita dalla stazione o alla discesa dal bus. I trasgressori sono puniti a termini di legge. Il biglietto non è rimborsabile per alcun motivo.

- Biglietto Giornaliero (ONE DAY ticket):

Valido dalle ore 10.00 alle ore 24.00 del giorno di convalida. Utilizzabile per spostamenti da un Comune di fascia verso Napoli (e viceversa). Indicare obbligatoriamente i Comuni di origine e desti****one dello spostamento. Consente l’utilizzo del servizio urbano di Napoli e dei servizi extraurbani delle Aziende aderenti al Consorzio UNICOCAMPANIA. Per i Comuni ricadenti nelle aree suburbane dei capoluoghi di Provincia, consente l’utilizzo dei servizi suburbani delle Aziende aderenti. E’ necessario convalidarlo su ogni mezzo utilizzato. Per mancanza o avaria delle apposite apparecchiature, sui treni rivolgersi al Capotreno, sui bus convalidare a mano. Il possessore è tenuto ad indicare a penna i Comuni di origine e desti****one dello spostamento, nominativo e data di nascita negli appositi spazi. E’ altresì tenuto a esibire, a richiesta, un documento di riconoscimento. In caso di mancata indicazione dei dati richiesti, di manomissione degli stessi o di mancata esibizione di valido documento d’identità, il viaggiatore sarà considerato privo di biglietto. Il biglietto non è rimborsabile per alcun motivo.

Biglietto Week-End Giornaliero (WEEK-END DAY TICKET):

Valido il sabato o un giorno festivo, dalle ore 00.00 alle ore 24.00 del giorno di convalida. Utilizzabile per spostamenti da un Comune di fascia verso Napoli (e viceversa). Indicare obbligatoriamente i Comuni di origine e desti****one dello spostamento. Consente l’utilizzo del servizio urbano di Napoli e dei servizi extraurbani delle Aziende aderenti al Consorzio UNICOCAMPANIA. Per i Comuni ricadenti nelle aree suburbane dei capoluoghi di Provincia, consente l’utilizzo dei servizi suburbani delle Aziende aderenti. E’ necessario convalidarlo su ogni mezzo utilizzato. Per mancanza o avaria delle apposite apparecchiature, sui treni rivolgersi al Capotreno, sui bus convalidare a mano. Il possessore è tenuto ad indicare a penna i Comuni di origine e desti****one dello spostamento, nominativo e data di nascita negli appositi spazi. E’ altresì tenuto a esibire, a richiesta, un documento di riconoscimento. In caso di mancata indicazione dei dati richiesti, di manomissione degli stessi o di mancata esibizione di valido documento d’identità, il viaggiatore sarà considerato privo di biglietto. Il biglietto non è rimborsabile per alcun motivo.

www.unicocampania.it

Archived