Jewel of the Seas cabin 8088 bed question

This question is for anybody that has sailed recently in cabin 8088 on the Jewel. Due to unforseen circumstances my cabin mate on my upcoming Jewel cruise has had to cancel, I have 2 friends in another cabin just a couple of doors down, and there's a possibility that we may have to change things around and have the 3 of us share a cabin, I'd like for it to be 8088 because it has the large balcony, here's my question, the RCL site states that 8088 has a 3rd pullman bed, however, none of the 3 of us would be interested in sleeping on a pullman, i'm wondering if anybody might know for sure if 8088 might have a 3rd bed, by way of a pullout even though their brochures etc don't indicate it.

Not an ideal situation but 3 women in 1 cabin with a larger balcony at least would be better than 3 of us in a cabin with a regular sized balcony.

I hoping that the brochure is incorrect.

Thanks in advance :D

The way it looks , there is a pullman bed in cabin 8088. We stayed in that cabin in 2007. Yes there is a big balcony but it didn't get alot of sun. It was very deep but no wider the regular balcony.

Judi :)

This is wishful thinking on my part, the idea of 3 women sharing a cabin for 10 days isn't terribly appealing to me to start with, unfortunately right now i don't have a lot of options.

Thanks for the feedback.

Forget the sleeping arangements....

You'ld better be thinking about three women with only:

ONE Bath Room

ONE Closet

ONE Vanity Area

ONE Electrical Outlet

TEN DAYS AND NIGHTS. :eek:

SPEND THE MONEY!!! Get another Cabin; even if it is an inside room across the hall. ;)

Hope This Helps.

I've already considered all that believe me, i'm seriously considering booking an inside for myself, never sailed in an inside, never sailed without my DH, this should be interesting!!!

Thanks for your advice.

I've already considered all that believe me, i'm seriously considering booking an inside for myself, never sailed in an inside, never sailed without my DH, this should be interesting!!!

Thanks for your advice.

Maybe you could make arrangements in advance for a rollaway to be brought in? It would take extra room but keep anyone from having to use the pullman... Sometimes the Crown & Anchor folks can be helpful with this kind of request.

Maybe you could make arrangements in advance for a rollaway to be brought in? It would take extra room but keep anyone from having to use the pullman... Sometimes the Crown & Anchor folks can be helpful with this kind of request.

Well that's the one thing I hadn't thought of, thanks for the suggestion.

Well that's the one thing I hadn't thought of, thanks for the suggestion.

Definitely NOT enough room in there for a roll away. Are you driving or flying to port? If driving you could bring an aerobed.

Definitely NOT enough room in there for a roll away. Are you driving or flying to port? If driving you could bring an aerobed.

We're flying, if this weren't a repo we'd drive to Boston for sure but the drive from Miami to Montreal would surely put me into an early grave.

I have faith that as we get closer to final pmt. something a little larger will become available and affordable!

We're flying, if this weren't a repo we'd drive to Boston for sure but the drive from Miami to Montreal would surely put me into an early grave.

I have faith that as we get closer to final pmt. something a little larger will become available and affordable!

That is another possibility and I hope that happens. But I am wondering why you are so averse to sleeping on the pullman?

That is another possibility and I hope that happens. But I am wondering why you are so averse to sleeping on the pullman?

i'm not that averse to sleeping on it, just a little concerned for whomever i might fall on top of ;););).

My biggest concern is 3 women trying to get ready all at the same time whenever we are going to do anything, & just the storage of stuff for 3 women.

i'm not that averse to sleeping on it, just a little concerned for whomever i might fall on top of ;););).

My biggest concern is 3 women trying to get ready all at the same time whenever we are going to do anything, & just the storage of stuff for 3 women.

1. Not that easy to fall over from the pullman bed. It has rails on the side which will not prevent the determined (!) but are sufficient for stopping someone rolling over in their sleep.

2. Yea I'd be much more concerned about 3 women trying to do stuff at the same time in 1 cabin with limited space and a single small shower/vanity/basin than the bed type for the 3rd person.

There are going to be three of us in a balcony room on Deck 8. We have a sofa bed. Guess we'll have to draw straws to see who gets it. We don't care if the room is small, we're going to have a good time.

I agree you're going to have a great time, regardless of what you're sleeping on, i think we'll probably just take turns on the real bed vs the sofa bed & go with the cabin with the smaller balcony, no matter what, we're going to have fun too, 2 sisters and a friend.

We're sailing Oct 27 on the repo out of Boston, just after you.

Bon voyage!

Archived