Can you cancel the pricess air and book your own

krikir

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew if we could cancel our flights arranged with Princess and get the credit back so that we can book our flights on our own 2 weeks before we sail?

We just found out that the airline Princess booked us on (Northwest and United), we have to pay for our luggage. We found cheaper flights on air canada and we get 2 free checked luggage bags per person.

I appreciate any advice or info anyone can give me :)

I believe you may be stuck with the Princess air arrangements if it is already past final payment. I had booked Princess air for a Mediterrean Cruise but canceled before final payment in order to use my own arrangements and there was no problem.

Hi, yes we are past final payment, we sail on Aug 13. I just heard back from my ta and he said we would lose a lot of money if canelled the princess air and booked on our own. He says that he has heard a lot of nightmares about people not making it to the ship in time etc. So it looks like we have to budget for the luggage.

Thanks everyone for your input! Safe cruising everyone!

Patsea are you the lady I met on the Coral sailing the Panama Canal in May? Is your husband Martin? are you from Palos Verdes? I am James and I had a woderful experience talking to you and Martin. If your not her, you have a twin that cruises also. I just saw the picture and thought about how nice you are and just wanted to say Hi.

You live in Canada, I know that if you fly international from the US to outside the country you are entitled to 2 free bags. You only pay for luggage per bag on domestic flights. Perhaps it is the same in Canada, international flights allow 2 free bags. I believe this is true throughout international travel world as the airlines have agreed on this.

If I fly from Los Angeles to Miami, change planes and fly on to South America I can have 2 checked bags per person and not have to pay for them as my destination is international.

Archived