Excursion for grandma....help!?

MamaParrotHead

My 81 year old grandma has recently decided to join us on our cruise and I'm THRILLED! Months of trying to convince her have paid off. :D The problem is that she doesn't swim (and we have some excursions that include snorkeling at almost every port). I'm not sure if I can convince her to just come along for the ride (and stay on the dive boat or the beach with a book or a camera). If not, can someone suggest any excursions/tours through the ship that she might enjoy, even solo? She gets around great, still works full time, actually. Although a long hike in the buggy wilderness might not be her idea of a good time. :D

Thanks!

My 81 year old grandma has recently decided to join us on our cruise and I'm THRILLED! Months of trying to convince her have paid off. :D The problem is that she doesn't swim (and we have some excursions that include snorkeling at almost every port). I'm not sure if I can convince her to just come along for the ride (and stay on the dive boat or the beach with a book or a camera). If not, can someone suggest any excursions/tours through the ship that she might enjoy, even solo? She gets around great, still works full time, actually. Although a long hike in the buggy wilderness might not be her idea of a good time. :D

Thanks!

I have no specific excursion recommendation, but why do anything? I would say that I have never fully enjoyed what the ship has to offer because I seem to be doing things in most port. There are many things to do on the ship and there may be something that she would really like to do.

Janice

If she likes history stuff, point out the Altun Ha mayan ruins and city tour. It's a long day but mostly in an air-conditioned bus and the guides can be very entertaining and informative about Belize and the Mayans. I believe this tour is a bit shorter than the Xunantunich tour.

I don't have any advise on a specific excursion, but my parents and sometimes in laws cruise with us. My mom is in her 70's but has had both knees replaced and uses a wheelchair on the cruise. We have taken her on several excursions with us where she doesn't get in the water. She has gone on the snorkeling boat and watched the kids snorkel and gone to the beaches and found a shady spot to enjoy. There are other times she has stayed on the ship with a good book and relaxed. I have not been to Belize but will be going in February. I was originally going to book the snorkeling and Bannister Island, but after all of the captain your own riverboat reviews we decided to try that instead. My dad will probably go with us but mom says no thanks, she wouldn't be able to sit in that boat for that amount of time.

I can tell you what a wonderful time you will have together. My kids cherish the family cruises that we go on and it just wouldn't be the same without everyone.

Have a wonderful trip whatever you decide.

Karen

Archived