Meeting place at MIA...help

MamaParrotHead

My 81 year old grandma just now gave in :D and will be coming with us on our cruise. She is flying into MIA solo from NJ, and dad is flying into MIA solo from CO. Where would be the best/easiest place for them to meet up (in the airport) to share a cab to our hotel when they arrive?

Thanks!

Why would I need to do that, considering she and my dad are arriving at the exact same time? Not that it's any of your business, but she's not some ancient old lady...she still works full time, is a member at her local health club and takes many trips solo....they're not scooping her off her death bed and into a wheel chair and onto the plane for chrissakes.

Anyone with anything constructive or helpful to add?

I'm not sure about MIA, but baggage claim @ usually any airport is a safe bet, since in most cases someone's picking up a bag anyway. Also, that's probably were you'd be catching a cab, shuttle, etc. too. Any airport that I've been in usually have seats in the area also.

Just a thought...

My 81 year old grandma just now gave in :D and will be coming with us on our cruise. She is flying into MIA solo from NJ, and dad is flying into MIA solo from CO. Where would be the best/easiest place for them to meet up (in the airport) to share a cab to our hotel when they arrive?

Thanks!

I'm sure I'm not going to tell you anything you don't already know, but, this is what I'd do.

If you know what airlines they are coming in on, I'd go to a live flight tracker web site like flightaware.com I'd punch in the last couple of days for their flights and see the on time arrival. This will usually also tell you what gate the flight arrived at and what baggage claim that flight used.

Of course this is all subject to change on a daily basis but it will give you an idea that (let's say) AA uses baggage claim 13, 14, and 15 While (let's say) Delta uses 1,2,and 3.

For example you know know that most likely Grandma's baggage claim will be at 14, while dad's will be at 7. If Dad's flight comes in first, have him claim his luggage and mosey on down to 14 and wait for Grandma or visa versa.

Or, if they arrive at the same time and Grandma will be in 12,13,14 range and Dad in the 1,2,3 range...pick a number and say get your luggage and meet at 7.

If you google "MIA baggage claim map" you'll get a few hits to give you the layout of MIA and the baggage claim area.

Archived