flamm railway tickets privately bought

Hello all.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy Flamm railway train tickets at the station when we arrive there rather than getting them as an excursion from the ship as this seems an expensive way of going up the hill. Carrying on from this, is it far from the docking point to the train station, (we are fairly fit and active) or are there taxi,s available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Flaam station is just minutes from where the ship docks. I would suggest you take an early train as the trip is very popular. ;)

Cost is 330 Krone return (about £33).

Sit on the right hand side of the carriage for the most spectacular views! :) There's also a short stop at Kjossfossen waterfall where eerie music is played and dancers appear in the spray!

If you like walking, I suggest you get of at Lunden staion on the way back for a nice gentle walk back to the ship. :D

I would echo what has been said. Try to get off the ship to get the first train at about 8.40 am. That way when you get back you can watch the hoards of people trying get on the later trains.

You will love it. The views are spectacular.

Have a great cruise.

Eddie

Get off as quickly as you can - then go for tickets - you still may have to wait until a later train (our friends went across in the 08.30 tender but couldn't get tickets until the 10.45 train but if you're the only ship in, you may not have to tender). Some passengers who didn't get off early were unable to make the journey - but it's definitely worth it!

Archived