Calypso Med cruises ..Swine flu

We are booked in on the 28th Sept for the Crimean/Hellenic cruise...can't wait. Can anyone tell me how the ship is coping with the Swine flu problems? I understand that Tamiflu is available but are they taking any extra precautions?:confused:

I don't really think that the cruise lines can take any extra precautions regarding swine flu....we have found that Thomson have very good hygiene routines on their ships ...with alcohol gel available in various Places i.e. entry to dining rooms...and members of staff serving food at the buffets rather than 'help yourself' ...but it is up to the passengers to make sure they wash their hands thoroughly and regularly and cover their mouths/noses when they cough or sneeze.

We were asked before we boarded Equinox this weekend to state if we had any signs of flu .....but probably you are more likely to pick it up in a queue at the supermarket or on public transport !!!!!

Just back off Calypso. We had a health questionnaire to fill in before boarding. Hand sanitising stations around food areas, gym, toilets, gangway etc. At some ports there were customs officials on health screening duty, but didn't see anyone stopped or questioned. There was also an advice notice in the cabins about hygiene precautions. You will have a great time. Loved the ports on Hellenic itinerary. And we did Crimean last year- Istanbul and Sevastopol are fantastic stops.

kate

• 2 weeks later...

Archived