How/When can I contact a ship's photographer for a group shot?

I've seen a group few shots of members of large group cruises and wondered how/when I could arrange for a shot to be taken of our group? Is there any way to arrange it prior to cruising (as I don't know when I'll run into every one of our 45 friends and family...we all have different dinner times, excursions, etc.).

Thanks!

I don't think you can prearrange it. Photographers are always stationed on elegant nights all around the ship & they will do your group photo's then and other nights too they do other casual themes. You could always send an email over the guest relations and ask. They will respond after a day or two.

we have cruised five times with 30+ people and we went to the info desk the day we boarded and they set it us. We were given the day, time, and place to meet the photographer. They are usually done on the Atrium stairs and always come out GREAT. We never had any problems.

We had a group photograph last year on the Splendor. We just asked the photographer to take our picture, no big deal. There are so many photographers all over the ship. Depending on what background you want, they will take your picture. Just look for the one you want.

I've seen a group few shots of members of large group cruises and wondered how/when I could arrange for a shot to be taken of our group? Is there any way to arrange it prior to cruising (as I don't know when I'll run into every one of our 45 friends and family...we all have different dinner times, excursions, etc.).

Thanks!

Go by the photo shop. They will be happy to have a photographer available when and where you want him, but you will have to set it up. (On formal nights they may not be able to spare one so you will have to use the standard set then.)

I tried, a number of times in a number of different ways to prearrange a photo shoot in advance of boarding and got absolutely nowhere. Carnival told me there was no way to organize it with the ship's personnel in advance and that we'd have to wait until I got onboard.

What I had in mind was somewhat innovative (not that I ever got to that point in my dealings with Carnival), so I gave up rather than trying to pursue it once we were on board.

If you're just thinking of a fairly standard on-board group shot, it shouldn't be a problem to put it together once you're there.

We've been on two group cruises (33 people and then 27 people) and had a 'group coordinator' who left a note in our cabin since we were the coordinators. They set up the group pic that we took on the atrium stairs.

Archived