Los Veranos Canopy - random ?'s

jer630

My wife and I are considering doing this and booking independently, on an upcoming cruise (don't know why, because I'm afraid of heights), but anyway, if anyone has done this recently and can answer some random questions, i'd be very appreciative ;)

- After the tour, do they transport you back near the ship or to their office?

-One tour booking agent lists a pickup point at the marina at some Collage Disco...is this closer/better than taking a taxi to their office pickup?

-Carnival says we dock at 9 am...that's PV time, right? (I know the ship is an hour behind). So an 11 am-ish tour is most appropriate?

-What do people carry their stuff around in? Do they allow small backpacks? Or is it fanny packs/pockets?

Thanks in advance ;)

We just did the Los Veranos Tour today, so I can answer some of your questions.

After the tour they will drop you off either downtown by the flea market or at the ship - just ask the driver.

I´m not sure where their office is - we took a taxi to the Collage Disco. One of the people outside the ship said it was a 15 minute walk - but it seemed farther away than that. We took the taxi from the Wal-Mart across from the dock (had to pick up mosquito repellent). It cost $5. We waited at the Collage until the shuttle showed up about 11.20.

The ship was docked about 8:00 am ship time (9:00 am PV time). When I called to book the Tour (through Johann & Sandra), they put us in for the 11:15 pickup at the Disco. This gave us enough time to run to Wal-MART

You are only allowed to take a camera on a strap around your neck, sunglasses, and a fanny pack if you have one. Everything else is stored in lockers by the restaurant. Our bus back to town left at 3:45. That gave us about 1 hour after the tour to enjoy the restaurant, river, and play with the monkeys :)

We had a great time - there is a lot of stair climbing the first half, but its all downhill after that.

After the tour they will drop you off either downtown by the flea market or at the ship - just ask the driver.

I´m not sure where their office is - we took a taxi to the Collage Disco. One of the people outside the ship said it was a 15 minute walk - but it seemed farther away than that. We took the taxi from the Wal-Mart across from the dock (had to pick up mosquito repellent). It cost $5. We waited at the Collage until the shuttle showed up about 11.20.

The ship was docked about 8:00 am ship time (9:00 am PV time). When I called to book the Tour (through Johann & Sandra), they put us in for the 11:15 pickup at the Disco. This gave us enough time to run to Wal-MART

You are only allowed to take a camera on a strap around your neck, sunglasses, and a fanny pack if you have one. Everything else is stored in lockers by the restaurant. Our bus back to town left at 3:45. That gave us about 1 hour after the tour to enjoy the restaurant, river, and play with the monkeys :)

We had a great time - there is a lot of stair climbing the first half, but its all downhill after that.

We booked this through Los Veranos and I think we are being picked up at the Disco at 11:15 am. They mentioned it being about 4 hours. We were also interested in booking "Rhythms of the Night" excursion through Carnival and it begins at 3:45. That is cutting it close and figured since you just went--you may be able to give me your opinion. How long does the actual tour last. Could we leave earlier and get a ride back to the ship if we choose not to hang around the restaurant or is that not an option? Do you recall about how long it took to get from Los Veranos back to the ship? If I have to pick between the two--will go with zip line, but if I could somehow manage to do both--that would be great!

We booked this through Los Veranos and I think we are being picked up at the Disco at 11:15 am. They mentioned it being about 4 hours. We were also interested in booking "Rhythms of the Night" excursion through Carnival and it begins at 3:45. That is cutting it close and figured since you just went--you may be able to give me your opinion. How long does the actual tour last. Could we leave earlier and get a ride back to the ship if we choose not to hang around the restaurant or is that not an option? Do you recall about how long it took to get from Los Veranos back to the ship? If I have to pick between the two--will go with zip line, but if I could somehow manage to do both--that would be great!

We just did this last week and we got back around 445 so not sure you could make your other excursion. We took the 345 bus back also. If we would have been smart we would have hightailed it to the bus that was just leaving but we wanted to get our pictures so we had to wait about an hour for the next bus. It is about an hour ride back to the ship

There was not guarantee that we could have made that bus though. We also did the 1115 pick up time and it worked well. PV is one hour ahead of ship time.

We used skin so soft bug repellant (the wipe ones) and had absolutely no problems with bugs or bug bites. Easy to pack also.

I was nervous before I went but it was so much fun I didn't have time to be nervous. Even hung upside down at one point as the guide was attached to my line. Think I got cool points with my teenagers for that one ;)

We just did this last week and we got back around 445 so not sure you could make your other excursion. We took the 345 bus back also. If we would have been smart we would have hightailed it to the bus that was just leaving but we wanted to get our pictures so we had to wait about an hour for the next bus. It is about an hour ride back to the ship

There was not guarantee that we could have made that bus though. We also did the 1115 pick up time and it worked well. PV is one hour ahead of ship time.

We used skin so soft bug repellant (the wipe ones) and had absolutely no problems with bugs or bug bites. Easy to pack also.

I was nervous before I went but it was so much fun I didn't have time to be nervous. Even hung upside down at one point as the guide was attached to my line. Think I got cool points with my teenagers for that one ;)

I think I am worried about booking the two excursions back to back. Thanks for the input. I had e-mailed Los Veranos to see if it was possible to get an earlier bus, rather than stay with the original group. I didn't know the drive was so long, so I may just forget the last excursion. Thanks for the tip on the bug repellant. I didn't even think of that!! I just put it on my "packing" list. I am glad you had fun!! I can't wait. I must say that I would be nervous hanging upside down...good for you!!! Thanks again!

I know the "free" shuttle from Collage Disco to the Los Veranos office is really attractive but using it really cuts down on your options. Los Veranos runs this zipline excursion at one hour intervals starting at 8:45 AM. Your ship docks at 9 AM and the 11:15 Collage Disco shuttle forces you to take the 11:45 excursion.

Since you're already paying a taxi to take you to Collage (to wait with the rest of the crowd), why not pay 3-4 bucks more and go direct to the Los Veranos tour office and catch the 10:45 AM excursion? (They will want you there by 10:30)

Transportation from the tour office to/from the excursion site is 45 minutes each way. The ziplines take roughly 1.5 hours. Allow an extra 30 minutes from final zipline to return bus departure and you will have spent 3.5 hours. The "free" shuttle bus that will bring you back to the port may take 20-30 minutes (depending on how many stops they make) between the office and the port. So ... plan on getting back to the ship between 2:30 and 2:45 PM if you have booked a 10:45 excursion.

Tip to speed up your departure from the excursion site -

The folks (independent photographer) that takes your picture on zipline 1 will be able to get you a print (or photo data file on CD) on the spot. They only take cash for payment, no credit cards. Make sure you bring cash if you want to purchase your personal photo.

2448082810078358666S425x425Q85.jpg

The folks (Los Veranos staff) that put together a DVD of your excursion group's zipline experience will take cash or a credit card; however, there can be a delay of 30-45 minutes after you are done with the ziplines before they will have the "film" edited and burned to DVD.

Also, keep in mind that the shuttle back to the port from the excursion site doesn't make any potty-stops along the way. Go before you leave the Los Veranos site as it will be a 60-75 minute trip.

Enjoy!

Paul-thank you so much. I didn't even think about taking my own cab! I am going to try and change my tour today. I really had my heart set on the zip line and I know my husband really wanted to go to Rhythms of the Night, so now--thanks to you--I think we will both be thrilled. Thank you again!

By the way--Great Picture!!

I have questions to add...

Are there different companies to book through, if so, which is the best, who has the best price?

Is there something for non-ziplining people (ie: grandma & the underage kids) to do while others are ziplining? We would like the kids, 2 & 5, to be able to see the animals and play in the water.

Thanx!

I have questions to add...

Are there different companies to book through, if so, which is the best, who has the best price?

Is there something for non-ziplining people (ie: grandma & the underage kids) to do while others are ziplining? We would like the kids, 2 & 5, to be able to see the animals and play in the water.

Thanx!

We are a group of four and one of us is unable to go on the zip line because of health issues. I believe that he only has to pay $20 to come with us and is able to view the group. I have never been, but am told there is a petting zoo area and a water/beach like area for those to enjoy after the tour or for those not doing the tour. There is also a restaurant. This is with Los Veranos. You may want to check out their site--lots of info. I'm not sure about other companies. Good luck!

Granted it was 3 years ago, but hubby did not do the zipline so only paid small amt for the truck ride. He sat and talked to another (Chicken:rolleyes:) husband until we came into view. There is a river and beach area, but I would not leave kids to be on their own.

While you will probably have time to get to the canopy office by 1030, just remember that 0900 ship time is 1000 PV time so that only really gives you an 1/2 hr to get off the ship and be where you need to be. The person at Los Veranos told me that it is a 15-20 minute cab drive to their office, so personally I don't know if I would want to push it that close.

But again, that's just me!!

Hi Curler61,

Were you on Mariner of the Seas? Cruise docs say we are in PV from 8am to 7pm. Is that ship time? We actually arrive in PV local time at 9am is that correct? Can you please clarify this for me, as I am so confused with the time change and dont want to miss our tour.

We are scheduled to leave Canopy office at 10:20am local time. I understand it is a 15-20 min. cab ride to the office from the ship. So as long as we are off the ship sometime between 9-10am we should make our scheduled pick-up time. Do you think this gives us enough time or would we be better booking it later and leaving from Collage disco as you did?

Do you think you could have made an earlier tour if you didn't stop at Walmart? How long did it take after arriving in PV before you were let off the ship?

Thanks for your help! We are excited to go ziplining and are glad you had a good time!

....I´m not sure where their office is - we took a taxi to the Collage Disco. One of the people outside the ship said it was a 15 minute walk - but it seemed farther away than that. ....

..... Our bus back to town left at 3:45. .....

While you will probably have time to get to the canopy office by 1030, just remember that 0900 ship time is 1000 PV time so that only really gives you an 1/2 hr to get off the ship and be where you need to be. The person at Los Veranos told me that it is a 15-20 minute cab drive to their office, so personally I don't know if I would want to push it that close.

But again, that's just me!!

Reference back to Curler61 (1st response) where it was confirmed that the ship (Splendor, the ship the OP will be on) was at the dock at 8 AM ship's time (9 AM Vallarta local). After that, your information is correct.

Reference back to Curler61 (1st response) where it was confirmed that the ship (Splendor, the ship the OP will be on) was at the dock at 8 AM ship's time (9 AM Vallarta local). After that, your information is correct.

Well, our intinerary said 0900 before we left but when we got to port at 0800, so not sure if that is the norm or not, was only going by what the intinerary when I booked said.

Well, our intinerary said 0900 before we left but when we got to port at 0800, so not sure if that is the norm or not, was only going by what the intinerary when I booked said.

Ship's time vs. Vallarta local time vs. itinerary time are often discussed here.

So, your telling us that the itinerary time had a 9 AM arrival listed, ship's time was 8 AM when you arrived and Vallarta local time was 9 AM. If that was the case, then the published itinerary time for Splendor (and most likely other ships) is local time for the port you are at.

I thought I had the whole ship time versus PV time figured out, but now not so sure. Carnival shows the arrival time as 9AM, so that means that when we arrive in PV--PV time is really 10AM?

Do those who have recently gone on Splendor know about how long it takes to get off the ship upon arrival. I know there are no guarantees, but I have the tour booked for Los Veranos and have e-mailed them because I am still uncertain about a few things.

Once off the ship..is it possible to take a cab to the tour instead of shuttle and if so--are there any cabs there in that area for us to take a cab back to the ship if needed?

I am booked for the 11:45 AM now, but am trying to save the time to be back for the 3:45pm excursion through Carnival. Does anybody know if the Carnival excursions begin AT the time posted or do we have to be there earlier? I had asked Carnival, but she didn't seem to sure.

I have a feeling I will have to cance the Rhythm of the Nights :(

Thank you again!!!

If you go to the site http://www.cruisett.com/index.php you can look at the schedule of the port you are visiting. It is the local time. You can then see for yourself what time you are due to dock. Then make your decision.

Yes, there are cabs and it is possible - and relatively inexpensive -to proceed to Los Veranos office for departure. It is then up to you to decide if you think you want to rush your experience. [i would think it would be more relaxing to 'go with the flow' and enjoy one experience at a time, returning for others, but that is just my opinion. Only you can decide what you prefer.]

We were on the Splendor and were scheduled to arrive in PV at 9:00 am (10 am PV time). However, we were docked by 8:00 am ship time (9 PV time). I'm not sure if the ships always arrive early or if we just made good time. You can just walk off the ship and be in a taxi within minutes. We didn't rush off the ship and stopped at the Internet Cafe at the dock and at Wal-Mart, so I would think that if you wanted to take a taxi to Los Veranos' office for the earlier tour, that shouldn't be a problem if you are ready to go when the ship docks.

We were on the Splendor and were scheduled to arrive in PV at 9:00 am (10 am PV time). However, we were docked by 8:00 am ship time (9 PV time). I'm not sure if the ships always arrive early or if we just made good time. You can just walk off the ship and be in a taxi within minutes. We didn't rush off the ship and stopped at the Internet Cafe at the dock and at Wal-Mart, so I would think that if you wanted to take a taxi to Los Veranos' office for the earlier tour, that shouldn't be a problem if you are ready to go when the ship docks.

Thank you :) Thank you :) Thank you:)

Calling Los Veranos and changing my tour time from 11:45 to 10:45 is on my list of "to do" for tomorrow.

I gather from all the posts I am reading that it is pretty safe to say that I will be okay with the 10:45 time. I think as long as we grab a cab as soon as we get off the ship and go straight to Los Veranos--we are okay. I really only want to do the zip line. I am sure the restaurant, water, and animals are great--but I am willing to not do those things if it means getting back in time for the 3:45 Carnival excursion that my hubby wants to do.

That is why we are celebrating 10 happy years together----compromise :)

Thank you all for your help!! I will keep you posted when I get back from the cruise in October.

If the Rhythms of the Night excursion is a ship excursion listed for 3:45 that is most likely 3:45 ship time which would be 4:45 PV time - you should have enough time to get back to the ship. However, you may not be able to leave Los Veranos right when you are finished ziplining. When we arrived at Los Veranos, our driver told us our ride back would leave at 3:45. We were finished ziplining about 3:00 and there was no other bus to leave the area. You may want to check with Los Veranos to see when you would be able to catch the bus back to town. As you say, you would not really be missing anything by leaving right after. The "petting zoo" is a couple of cages with monkeys that you can go into for a donation. Enjoy your trip.

I think you are correct about the time. I called Carnival and asked them about how the process works when getting off the ship. I had mentioned getting to PV at 10AM PV time and 9AM being listed as the arrival time on our itinerary and had wanted to check to see if ships are usually right on schedule. She informed me that we would be getting to PV at 9AM "PV" time, so there was no reason why I wouldn't be able to be at my destination at 10:00 that morning. Just when I thought I had "the time" figured out....how could something so simple make me feel so clueless?!?! Sorry to have to ask AGAIN...but to clarify for me....The itinerary on Splendor shows 9:00AM as arriving in PV. Is it REALLY 9:00AM in PV? I thought it is always 1 hour ahead until I read

Curler61's note (thank you again). From what the Carnival Rep mentioned...it seems that we arrive at 9:00AM and not 10:00 like I thought..BUT when I went on one of the sites from a previous post that shows all the ships and times for all the ports, it mentioned Splendor being at PV at 10. YIKES!!! My head now hurts and I still don't know what to do. Los Veranos has been wonderful and e-mailed me back about changing my time, but had asked me to contact the cruiseline to confirm arrival time and what time zone is being listed. My head still hurts.....

I have been reading so many posts on different threads about ship time vs. local time. Our cruise leaves on Sunday. We will be in PV on Wed. I will take detailed time logs for all of you, who like me, needs to know the correct time.

I have been reading so many posts on different threads about ship time vs. local time. Our cruise leaves on Sunday. We will be in PV on Wed. I will take detailed time logs for all of you, who like me, needs to know the correct time.

VERY MUCH appreciated :) Thank you!!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!! Enjoy!!!!!!

Archived