Los Veranos Canopy - random ?'s

jer630

We were in PV last Aug 5 and did dolphin signature swim in the morning and Los veranos canopy tour in PM, booked thru Johan and Sandra. Took yellow taxi to Collage Disco paid $3pp. (Taxi by port charging me $5pp)where you are pick-up by a open bed truck with wooden seats and brought to the mountains. The road going up is not for faint of heart as it is rough and narrow. Rainy season would be treacherous as some parts of the roads are eroded. But if you like a little rough outdoor/ forest adventure, this is it. Travel about 45-1 hour. Briefing/instruction near the only restaurant, spartan but with rest room ,beer,alcohol and food to order. You will start on first 4 lines as trial/learning lines then to several exciting lines that I'm sure you will enjoy. You will be walking between station lines so be prepared to for some uphill climb. Camera is allowed but only the one that you can store in a belt bag/secured in your pocket. You should be in a pair so you can take pictures while you are in the landing stations. The guides are wonderful and because we did it on PM we were the only 2 people from the cruise ship with 3 other local tourist. After the zip we were invited for tequila tasting. We were brought back to the ship after the zip with plenty of spare time. We tipped graciously for the service and what a fun and exciting excursion!

Has anyone ever done the canopy tour at the later time (1 PM)? We are going to be in PV with friends who have been there several times and they are going to show us around in the morning. Will we have time to do the tour in the afternoon and still make it back to the ship in time? Also, how much was the tequila tasting?

I've read about 2 different zip line experiences. One that is just zip lines and the other has rappeling, a mule ride, a waterfall . . .

Can someone tell me the different places you can book these outside of the cruise ship? Any details would be great too.

Thanks,

Deedee

Archived