Fall Cruise!

I placed a deposit on a cruise Nov. 1st out of Ft. Lauderdale a few months back, but wasn't sure if I would be able to go. I was approved my vacation time today, so now it's a definite!!! :D Just wanted to share my happy cruise news.

I can't imagine needing much, but any excuse to shop works for me. I've never cruised in November before & will be going to the Caribbean. Key West, Jamaica & Cayman Islands. What will the weather be like? I imagine it's pretty warm at that time.

I also need a dress for an Oct. 11th wedding, so my wedding attire can serve as my formal dress for the trip. I was thinking of a plum dress. What do you think?

We usually go to Key West every year around late November. The weather is usually warm. Only once a few years ago, we had a cold snap, think high 60's at night. You will probably be there during the day, so I dont think you'll have anything close to that. Key West is one of my most favorite places. It is very very casual..

We also did a similar cruise last year in early December. Again, it was like summer. Cayman Islands is beautiful ....... Didnt care much for Ochos Rios.. As for as clothing, for day wear, I also found it to be casual.

Plum dress sounds wonderful. I was looking at some fall/winter catalogs., looks like plums will be quite popular this year.

I live in south Florida. November is still quite warm - usually low-mid 80's, and keep in mind, in the Carrib, you'll be even further south.

Plum sounds like a fabulous color for an evening dress! Enjoy!!!

Sounds good ladies! I hope I find a nice cocktail dress. I haven't bought one in a while because my last 2 cruises were NCL & I didn't really need one otherwise.

I was hoping we would have warm weather to look forward to, especially when it starts getting too cold in NJ for flip flops, etc. Thanks for your responses.

Did you figure out 100% if you are a Winter or Summer yet?

I'd double check on those, so you are totally sure with all of your new clothing purchases.

(over in the Season thread)...;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1011931&page=7

Hey CJW-

I never saw your post back to me from the "season" thread. I must have missed it, but thanks for responding to my post. I think I am in between Winter & Spring. Those color charts were really helpful. :)

Thanks again!

Congrats on your cruise! We just booked one for November also, so I'm excited too. :D What cruise line are you going on?

Like everyone else said - prepare for summery weather in Ft. Lauderdale. We occasionally get short cold fronts (read: 50 degrees) at the end of Nov/Dec, but they're nothing major. ;) The Caribbean will be warm too, not as icky humid as it can be in the summer months. The ocean might be a little cooler too, but that's subjective, so don't worry too much.

Oh, and don't worry too much about being "in" for the season for clothes - I've proudly worn my tropical print dresses on winter cruises and there have been tons of others doing the same. Wear what you want! Happy shopping!

Congrats on your cruise! We just booked one for November also, so I'm excited too. :D What cruise line are you going on?

Like everyone else said - prepare for summery weather in Ft. Lauderdale. We occasionally get short cold fronts (read: 50 degrees) at the end of Nov/Dec, but they're nothing major. ;) The Caribbean will be warm too, not as icky humid as it can be in the summer months. The ocean might be a little cooler too, but that's subjective, so don't worry too much.

Oh, and don't worry too much about being "in" for the season for clothes - I've proudly worn my tropical print dresses on winter cruises and there have been tons of others doing the same. Wear what you want! Happy shopping!

Hey sailaways. I will be cruising on the Carnival Freedom. I've never done a Carnival cruise out of FL nor have I been on one of their newer ships so Im excited. What ship are you sailing on in November?

Hey sailaways. I will be cruising on the Carnival Freedom. I've never done a Carnival cruise out of FL nor have I been on one of their newer ships so Im excited. What ship are you sailing on in November?

I'm going on the Equinox...just a short one (4 days) but I'm really excited. :) The Freedom does a nice southern itinerary, right? It's one of the few ships left at Port Everglades this summer, so I see it all the time. Have fun on your cruise!

I'm going on the Equinox...just a short one (4 days) but I'm really excited. :) The Freedom does a nice southern itinerary, right? It's one of the few ships left at Port Everglades this summer, so I see it all the time. Have fun on your cruise!

Oh nice! I've never looked into a Celebrity cruise, but I hear great things.

Have a wonderful time. I'm sure we'll be counting down together since we're both sailing on fall cruises.

Archived